Options

400EC SeaDek or similar template

Does anyone have a template on file for a 2008 400EC with any of the manufactures of decking? Called a few of them and they want me to do my own template or told me they couldn’t release it.
2008 Rinker 400EC Longport NJ

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd they said it couldn't be released. SeaDek sent me a template for my boat and I checked fitment then ordered the product. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyATonyA Member Posts: 93
    They told me they would send me a kit and to trace everything out and send it back. 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    That's odd they said it couldn't be released. SeaDek sent me a template for my boat and I checked fitment then ordered the product. 
    A template or test sheets? Templates may be considered owned by the boat maker and licensed to SeaDek etc. If you find one who has a template ask if they’ll do you test sheets.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    They sent me a test sheets I guess you would say that was already made by another customer and in there system so I had it sent to me in clear plastic from SeaDek to check fitment before I dropped the big bucks. 

If they already had their own in house drawings for the boat then they could just send the decking material as they know it should fit. Although I would still want the test sheets first to check. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I will call them again to cofirm. Thanks
  • Options
    Just checked with SeaDek again. No pattern on file, I would have to order a kit and do my own template and send it back. Anyone have another source for decking that would have a pattern on file?
  • Options
    There's Marine Mat and also there was a post recently about Melors I think it's called.
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Sea Dek won't cut anything until they have your template pattern, they'll draft it up, send you a plan ... you approve ... then they'll cut it up and ship it to you.

Get the kit, in my opinion ... it's a couple of extra weeks, but you want a good fit for that kind of investment.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"