Options

Clarion MW1 Remote For Sale

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a brand new never used Clarion MW1 remote I’m selling. $100 including shipping. Let me know if anyone is interested.

2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you do the same as me and buy it hoping it would work with the original radio?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yes! It will work but you won’t have any backlighting or LCD display (I can’t remember which one) from what I remember. I think they sell an adapter for it to work with the older units.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the ones I need for my new radio but I find it easier to just use my phone to control the Bluetooth rather than run the new 8 pin cable. That's a good deal though!! 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running the new cables did suck. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran the new cable when I replaced my stereo. It wasn't as hard as one would think on my 280.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Yeah but your the cable guy 😉

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Yeah but your the cable guy 😉

LoL
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Still no takers?. Might be interested if @Cableguy Greg can tell me how to run the cable from the stereo to the control at the helm. Seems like a beyotch getting that cable around the shower surround. Not sure how easy it is to tape the old to new wire and pull thru. I did this for the VHF antenna and it was getting caught up for the first few tries. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @Aqua_Aura , when I ran my WiFi extender antenna wire I used fish tape. Worked great for the run from the arch to the cabinet. Maybe that will help to get around the surround instead of pulling it through.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Maybe if I feed it from the interior cabinet to the helm since the opening at the helm is bigger. We are supposed to go to the boat today so I can look at it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I went to the boat and looked and I assume I will have to remove some of the cabinet more so than the access panels. Still wanna see how cable guy did it though. Seems like a PIA but he said it wasn't. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Still no takers?. Might be interested if @Cableguy Greg can tell me how to run the cable from the stereo to the control at the helm. Seems like a beyotch getting that cable around the shower surround. Not sure how easy it is to tape the old to new wire and pull thru. I did this for the VHF antenna and it was getting caught up for the first few tries. 

I removed the speaker below the throttle control. I lifted up the switches at the helm. I removed the small cabinet above the sink in the head. Then I used a fiberglass fish tape from the engine room forward. I grabbed it at the speaker, then continued to push it forward to the head access. Once there, you can pull the new line from the head unit back to the engine room. The extension line wasn't quite long enough to go from the stereo head unit to the remote in the back, so I had to add on to the line. The hardest part was zip tying the line to the harness. Pulling the lines wasn't too bad. It took me about 45 minutes working by myself. If you have a helper, it would go faster.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks I didn't think about removing the cabinet in the shower. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Thanks I didn't think about removing the cabinet in the shower. 

You're welcome. When you do this, pull a string through as well so that you have it in the event that you want to run another wire to the engine room.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    In this instance I'm just running the wire to the helm and replacing that stereo remote. I am going to remove the one at the rear door and probably put a light there instead. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Sold!
    2008 330EC