Options

Height of water line on 260 Express cruiser

Could somebody take a picture of your boat
I never bottom painted the boat and now the boat is out of the water. It would be a great help

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    But be careful, the boat lists portside ... if the water reservoir is full and the waste tank is empty, and starboard if opposite ... so you need to ensure you raise the bottom paint higher than the average water line ... at least 2 or 3".  Mine was right at the edge of the bottom paint when it was fully listed.  You can see it was a few inches away from that bottom stripe.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Mark  Thank you for the picture
     Would you say at the stern of the boat its about 2 inches from the bottom stripe and from the bow it's about 10 inches???? 
    When you take the boat out could you please take a measurement?? This is a huge help for me.  I'LL OWE YOU !!!!!!
  • Options
    John, I sold the boat a few years ago ... can't measure. In fact, I recall now, in that photo above, the bottom coat wasn't high enough ... when it listed, the water was above that line, so I paid someone to raise the bottom coat. Here is a MUCH better picture I took when it was out of the water and on the trailer (years ago).  This height will be perfect for you. I would say, get it to within 1" of that bottom stripe to be safe.  If you want to be more precise ... scale off the photo ... take a measurement of that gap between a point and the top of the bottom paint, and then get your scale by measuring one of the ports on the photo and comparing to the real life width.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the placement of the Canadian flag near the bow! I never thought of that. Where did you get that mount?
  • Options
    I got that at West Marine ... but they are no longer around here in Oakville.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Mark
     Thanks for all your help 
    Sorry you sold the boat
     You helped me before in the past
    You are my go to guy!!!!!
  • Options
    Haha, no problem!  Yeah, I do miss it now and then ... time was the issue. Too many things competing for my time ... and I didn't enjoy the fact I was spending like $7k a year between docking, storage, winterization, insurance ... and then only using it 3 times.

"Boat + Water = Fun"