fresh water tank 312

Good afternoon,
Is there a way to empty the water with out running the pump through the sinks? It needs to be drained for the pink stuff. And  can anyone point out its location on a 2003 312?
Thanks

Comments

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    My method could be applied to your application but I cannot help you with where your tank is located

My tank has a quick disconnect fitting the PO installed at the pick up elbow in the bottom front of tank. It sits forward facing under the cabin floor.

I ran the sink until it ran dry. I then lowerd the bow in the trailer and disconnected the hose. What little water remained ran out into the bilge to be shop vacuumed out.

I then ran my hose pick up into the pink stuff ran her til both sinks spit pink.

Then went to the hot water heater, I opened it to drain and closed back up. 

I have quick disconnects on the hwh too so I looked a hose from cold in hose to cold out hose.  I then ran the hot water at both sinks til it was pink.

I then connected the hot water heater back up and ran a gallon of pink into the hwh. I then drained it a second time in case any water was left from the first drain.  

So no pink in my water holding tank.  
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    On my 310 which was replaced by 312 white tank port side. My pump is on the forward bulkhead in engine compartment Hope this helps
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    On mine I just run down in the sinks until it starts to fart air. Pink added and flushed through. Spring I flush 2 full tanks through and no issue.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• toolmaker312toolmaker312 Member Posts: 96
    Maybe thanks, My manual says port also but it also says the water heater is port which I come to believe is wrong. There is a tank on the starboard side that is either the black or fresh water. I can follow hat pump line now . Going down to winterize next weekend.
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    My 2003 310 - a few months before yours - has fresh port and waste starboard. Easy to see, big pipes at top and bottom of waste. And likely colored :)

Also, the “manual” is a serving suggestion, gives an idea only, not actually a manual. Water heater is starboard behind the cushion panel at the foot of the aft cabin near stairs. There’s a cubby there with an access hatch, drains into mid bilge.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• toolmaker312toolmaker312 Member Posts: 96
    Thank you! That's what I thought. Do you know where the carbon filter is? Getting some smells
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 330 didn’t have a carbon filter. I added one. It should be directly above the waste tank if you do have one. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    I need to add a carbon filter as well. 

I'm thinking about making a serviceable one using aquarium charcoal. 

The smell lingers after a pump out....so every weekend just about.
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    Here’s mine mounted underside of floor at front of engine compartment. Brass valve is pressure relief valve to keep the tank from collapsing. Also added vent in top of tank for same reason.