Review of season 4 Rinker 270

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
I’ve been posting an annual review of our 2006
 270 with a Volvo 5.7 MPI just shy of 700 hours now.  This is my humble take on our fourth full season. I still love the boat and I’m very impressed with what we are able to do with just 27 feet of boat. Our boat is in Portsmouth Rhode Island and our stomping grounds are the Narragansett Bay and the Block Island sound and other nearshore areas. While the 270 is certainly not an ocean going vessel, we’re OK in anything up to 2 to 4 footers.  When we venture to Block Island we go with a buddy boat and tie together on anchor. Other than a few late season relatively minor issues, we had a great year. The boat ran well and we took it out often.  COVID-19 certainly put a damper on things but we had a small but expanding circle of friends at the marina and I have a big family so we had a ton of great days. We overnighted at the marina more nights than I ever thought I would but that’s OK especially on a hot day which provides us air conditioning in the 270. We managed to get to Block Island for a few days and had a second trip planned but the weather didn’t cooperate. I had a week off in mid September which was earmarked for Martha’s Vineyard but again the winds made that trip a no go. I am at a Safe Harbor Marina which offers us I think 12 free nights at other Safe Harbors. This year I did manage to get and overnight in Wickford Rhode Island, East Greenwich Rhode Island, two nights at a mooring nestled in a rock formation in Jamestown Rhode Island, and a night at the Newport Rhode Island shipyard which was amazing being docked next to 150 foot yachts. Had one mishap backing into the dock that I’m going to have to fix with some gelcoat repair but other than that cosmetically the boat is holding up OK. I am finding it more and more difficult to get the white vinyl seats brand new white like they used to be but they still look good and I have no rips or tears. Over the winter I’m contemplating getting a dinghy and adding a TV to the boat and maybe some underwater lighting. Here are a few photographs from this past year for you to enjoy love to see others from your summer. Have a safe and happy off-season for you other Northerners.

Comments