Options

Electric engine hatch

mskpharmdmskpharmd Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
Seems the motor in my engine hatch has died, I own a 1999 festa vee 330. Where can I get a new one and which one do I need?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for the label. It has all the specs on it. You'll need to replace the whole unit, not just the motor.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks, it quit in the closed position!
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Under the rear seat should be an inspection plate you can pull the pin on the shaft and manual open the hatch

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    I think on my 330 the inspection plate is below the table hold down.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I forgot my 270 was in the floor but I had a table put in when I bought it and they put the inspection plate under the seat

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    it could be a fuse....
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with BA. Ck those fuses and hope, otherwise look for the pin and hope it's not(I'm sure it won't be) like the 360 SR we saw a few days ago where there was virtually no way to pull the pin w/o cutting a new access port. 

Either way, Rinker should have the specs on what was installed if the label is gone. It may not be much help for your specific application except to provide a contact number for the mfg, but here's the pic of my hatch motor ('04 FV270). Good luck and let us know how it goes. Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    pull the table plate. should have a half dozen screws to pull and you should be right at the pin...?
  • Options
    CPSMARINECPSMARINE Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    MY LIFT WENT UNDER WATER AND RUINED THE MOTOR, I PAID 125$ for the motor make sure to greese the gears and shaft for best performance. Acculift has two different companies it took me two days to get a call back from the one employee that deals with the lifts.