Options

Speaker Pods for Arch - any experience?

mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in General Boating Discussions
Looking at installing 2 pod speakers up on the arch of our boat. Mainly for sandbar use. 
Our Rinker 276BR had speakers on the transom....which were just right for standing in waist deep water.
Current boat has no speakers on the transom nor the room to install them.
Boat has cutout blanks for arch speakers, but weren’t OEM ordered.

Do pod speakers work pretty well? Or waste of time?

I’m sure they will be like $1500+ installed for JL’s.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current

Comments

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Work well, as in what?  The tower speaker pods do an excellent job at projecting sound in the direction they’re pointing. If you’re looking for sound while outside the boat, they’re the best option.  
  • Options
    I’ve never been on a boat with them installed. Didn’t want to blast the cockpit all the time. Definitely getting a new deck & I guess you can set up zones for sound.

Don’t want to regret the install if we do it.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    edited November 2020
    Well, not sure if something you'd consider, but I use an Ion pathfinder on my swim platform.  Works great when you are anchored and want the sound outside the boat.  We have two of these when rafted out, and the also tie it into our pirate radio station.

Oh, another plus is that you can jam this all weekend, literally, on one charge. No using or wearing down batteries.  Also a plus, I used it this weekend for a little extra sound at home since the boat is now winterized.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Yaa those ION's look pretty cool. One of my buddies has a big long bluetooth speaker he puts on the swim platform as well.

I like the looks of the pod speakers on arches & towers. The other thing to contend with is to be sure you're not knocking your head on them.