Options

For sale: Mercury Smartcraft Monitor 5.0V -- monitor engine data and codes, control trolling, more

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
I'm going to list them on eBay later this week, but will negotiate a better price here if somebody is interested.

The Mercury Smartcraft Monitor 5.0V uses SmartCraft to communicate with your 2003 or later Mercruiser engine.  You can see all engine data, read fault codes, display real-time miles per gallon (when interfaced with a GPS receiver).  

I have two complete Mercury MercMon v.5 monitors with cables, covers, manuals and three sets of bezels:  chrome (shown), black and white.  Excellent condition, no scratches or fading, always stored with covers.  They are programmed for port and starboard engines.  

Make offer.  Will consider selling individually.  

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they fit in the tach cut out?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    The opening is 3-3/8" diameter.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI - If you buy anything from @Larea it's going to be in better shape than he describes and it will be packed as if it's going into outer space. :)  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Is this instead of the VVM @LaRea? Or does it provide more data than VVM?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    These monitors were installed by the original owner because he wanted a way to read engine fault codes.  Now that I have a VesselView 502, the monitors are redundant.  I'm going to replace them with two i70 monitors.  

They would be great for a boat with Smartcraft engines but no digital gauges.  They can show any data that is on the SmartCraft network ... temperatures, pressures, RPM, voltages, fuel flow rate.  

It's the same data that VVM shows, but the differences are:
    * It's always in front of you at the helm.
    * You can connect a GPS receiver and display miles per gallon in real time (a great indicator of overall engine health).
    * There are some cool features for trolling and towing a skier (which I've never used and know nothing about).
  • Options