Options

Veterans Day

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Wishing all the Veterans a very happy Veterans Day. Thank you for your service. 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter and 2 son in-laws I will tell you guys thank them for there service. If you run in to any other service members tell them I said thank you.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Find one and thank him/her.  There's a good reason the US offers them all cool benefits such as free admission to National Parks!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be Remembrance Day here in Canada. Paying respect and remembrance to all those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. Lest we forget.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank You for your service.

Veterans Day is a time for us to pay our respects to those who have served. For one day, we stand united in respect for you, our veterans.

This holiday started as a day to reflect upon the heroism of those who died in our country's service and was originally called Armistice Day. It fell on Nov. 11 because that is the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. However, in 1954, the holiday was changed to "Veterans Day" in order to account for all veterans in all wars.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy to think of all the teenagers that got on a boat or plane and went to war. The most harrowing moments in my teenage life revolved around some piece of tech not working properly (computer or phone) when trying to score a date. 

Not sure that free admission to a park or a day of remembrance is adequate to reflect the sacrifice but I am sincerely thankful for both my and my son’s quality of life today. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:

Thank You for your service.

Veterans Day is a time for us to pay our respects to those who have served. For one day, we stand united in respect for you, our veterans.

This holiday started as a day to reflect upon the heroism of those who died in our country's service and was originally called Armistice Day. It fell on Nov. 11 because that is the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. However, in 1954, the holiday was changed to "Veterans Day" in order to account for all veterans in all wars.

In the US. Elsewhere it’s still Armistice or Remembrance Day.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grandfather had that same eyeglasses sleeve. It was always in his breast pocket. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
        That mark our place; and in the sky
        The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
        Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
            In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
        The torch; be yours to hold it high.
        If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
            In Flanders fields.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    My neighbor next door is a WW2 vet and every year I make sure to stop by and thank him. Feel bad this year because at 101 years old he is in the hospital and not doing well. God bless America and all who have fought for OUR freedoms
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father is a Vietnam vet , Army first cavalry Purple Heart recipient. I called him this afternoon, he was excited about his free breakfast. He couldn’t  wait for lunch and dinner also! LoL 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks also to those still serving, active or reserve duty.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/