Tom Brady buys a new boat.

RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope someone teaches him how. He does not even know how to tie up a jet ski
    Boat Name : 

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense.  A boat like that is great if you only need to drive 100 yards at a time.  
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. Could have got a lot nicer boat than that for all that cash. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. Could have got a lot nicer boat than that for all that cash. 
    Well at least it’s a diesel 🤩🤩🤩
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason the NFL makes players wear helmets is to keep Tom Brady from kissing all the other players.
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    The only reason the NFL makes players wear helmets is to keep Tom Brady from kissing all the other players.
    LOL I don't follow football that closely but why is their such hatred for Brady? 
    Same reason people hate Crosby, when you're the GOAT you always have a target on your forehead.  
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    1st if all Crosby is not even close to the greatest all time player in Hockey. Not even close. 2nd Brady is the best ever but has become a diva the last few years so I get why people dont like him.  People are just jealous thus the hatred...... Just say'n  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    There are many reasons to hate Crosby.  I hate Crosby because he scores too many goals against the Caps, but that's because I'm parochial and small-minded.  There are entire web sites dedicated to figuring out why people hate Crosby.  
    raybo3 said:
    1st if all Crosby is not even close to the greatest all time player in Hockey. Not even close. 2nd Brady is the best ever but has become a diva the last few years so I get why people dont like him.  People are just jealous thus the hatred...... Just say'n  

Name a player that has more trophies than Crosby since super Mario. When healthy he's still the best all round player in the NHL.  

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    Who are the Crosby and caps folks you guys are talking about? 😑
    raybo3 said:

Name a player that has more trophies than Crosby since super Mario. When healthy he's still the best all round player in the NHL.  

You called Crosby the GOAT. He might be one of the best in the league now but far far from GOAT. Not to be a wise guy but you do know that GOAT means "Greatest Of All Time". Crosby not even close. Also stat's and trophies can be very misleading there are a lot of "intangibles" to be considered .... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gretzky. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    raybo3 said:
    raybo3 said:

You called Crosby the GOAT. He might be one of the best in the league now but far far from GOAT. Not to be a wise guy but you do know that GOAT means "Greatest Of All Time". Crosby not even close. Also stat's and trophies can be very misleading there are a lot of "intangibles" to be considered .... Just say'n
    That’s why OVI is the GOAT
    So if Brady didnt have 6 rings would Marino be considered a better QB?  

GOAT in hockey is always going to be hard to determine as the league has changed so much over the years and guys like Bossy and lemieux battled injuries/health issues that hurt their career.  Gretzky played in a league where I could have put up 15 to 20 goals a year.  Mario played when players could nearly bear hug you and goalie pads took up half the net. 

I think if health wasn't an issue Mario or Bossy would be undisputed GOAT.  After Crosby retires he will be a 1st ballot HOFER.  He will be in everyones top 10 players of all time and most fans top 5.  He will be mentioned with the likes of Howe, Orr, gretzky and lemieux.   

I think caps fans are just salty over that.  But cheer up guys in DC, your nameless football team handed the Steelers their first loss of 2020!

Brady wouldn’t have 6 rings if the teams he played in the SB were any good. The 2 teams that were better beat him. 
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Speaking of Gretzky, his rookie card just sold for 1.29 million. Might want to go through your drawers.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/wayne-gretzky-rookie-card-sells-for-record-at-auction/c-319796678
    @Handymans342 Ovi $ucks bro and every time you say he is the "greatest" you sound like a fool. Ovi was so bad that he didn't see the ice in the last half of the 3rd if the Caps were up by 1 goal because he was such a defensive liability. @PickleRick "So if Brady didnt have 6 rings would Marino be considered a better QB?" well guess what? Marino had 0 and Brady has 6 that is what makes Brady the best ever. Period! Crosby is a great great player but to say he is the best ever is just flat out ridiculous. He may not even be in the top 10. Lets not forget guy's like Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Mario, Richard, Beliveau, Hull, Messier............. Don't you just love sports??? So objective and creates great sports conversation.......... I love the fact that our RBCO members are so passionate about something other than boating.......LOL Have a great afternoon everyone. 
    I also like beer.....good beer.  And rum.

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howe.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Howe am I going to survive another month without pro hockey.  The latest word I've seen is that the target date is 13 January.  
  • ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Speaking of Gretzky, his rookie card just sold for 1.29 million. Might want to go through your drawers.
    https://www.nhl.com/news/wayne-gretzky-rookie-card-sells-for-record-at-auction/c-319796678
    My grandfather was a photographer mainly for the Detroit Tigers and secondly for the Wings. He was J.D. McCarthy. He would take the picture of the player and sell it to that player so that they could hand these out to their fans. I have a rookie card of Gretzky of his (not in good shape). I have been offered only $200 for it. I wish it was worth a lot more 
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    very cool pic n story
    i hava signed stick n puck
    was told he didnt sign many sticks
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of being at Gretzky's second last game and last on Canadian soil when they played the Sen's on April 15, 1999. Still have the ticket stub and program. The emotion in the building that night was palpable, like an electric current. This excerpt from NHL.com sums it up: On April 15, Gretzky played in what would turn out to be his final game in his native Canada, a 2-2 tie against the Ottawa Senators. That game, more than the one at the Garden, was special because of the spontaneity of the emotions with the fans chanting "One more year," Gretzky being named the first, second and third star, and, after he had returned to the visiting locker room, the crowd continuing to cheer and chant until he came back out for two curtain calls. 

Although it was an Ottawa crowd we cheered his every move that night. I also remember him taking off his gloves and handing them and his stick to some lucky fans over the boards, or maybe it was some of the guys he knew on the Ottawa bench, I can't remember now.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    edited December 2020
    Hockey is a very respectful sport.  I remember lemieux getting a standing ovation in Philly of all places when he came back from retirement. 

Canada also has a long memory.  Brett Hull, a defensive liability but great scorer, was snubbed by team Canada so he played for team USA as his mom was 'Murican.  If i remember correctly team Canada later asked him to play for them and he stayed with USA.  Each time he touched the puck on Canadian soil you could hear boos in the crowd.  

And the reason it's hard to decide who's best all time in hockey is because of how the games have changed.  Players used to rely on making the all star team just so they didnt have to find work in the off season.  

Goalies used to play stand up, had no masks, blades on sticks were flat.  

Then the blades became curved and the slapshot was born.  Goalies started wearing masks.  Goalies began to drop.

Forward passes in the offensive zone were not allowed for the longest time. 

Then goalie pads became huge,  a trap game where players where clipped/grabbed and drug became the norm.  Boring New Jersey Devils hockey was everywhere.  We went from 200 plus possible points per season down to 150 being amazing.  

Then we step into present day hockey where the NHL pushes for higher scoring games to attract more fans. Goalie pads are heavily regulated for size limits.  

Hockey is a very respectful sport...

I do like the concept of "playing the game the right way" which seems to get mentioned more in hockey than other sports. 

I've always found "greatest" discussions kinda pointless.  They can be fun in a setting of "I drink so I know things," but only because they can never be proven or disproven.  It's like arguing passionately over whether tapioca is better than purple!
    LaRea said:
    Hockey is a very respectful sport...

I do like the concept of "playing the game the right way" which seems to get mentioned more in hockey than other sports. 

I've always found "greatest" discussions kinda pointless.  They can be fun in a setting of "I drink so I know things," but only because they can never be proven or disproven.  It's like arguing passionately over whether tapioca is better than purple!
    Or hardtop vs non-hardtop.......... Sorry couldn't help it..........LOL
    Diesel is better because!!!  
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Diesel is better because!!!  
    I think you mean.....diesel is better. 😏
    1997 Bayliner 3988