Is it to soon?

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Non-Boating Related
Blah
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to you also. It has been a rough year. For you especially. There is always something to hope for though.  I just keep searching for those moments. People are always gonna get sick, politicians are always gonna lie and the weather is always gonna change. Sometimes that change brings out the sun. Just keep looking for the sun.  This year we needed a change so i added a new puppy to the family. It is amazing in how just a week our lives have been flipped upside down....in a good way. 

I would love to raise a glass with all of you at some point. Hang in there guys and stay safe. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

I think David summed things up pretty well, especially raising a glass with everyone!  When we are able to do that, I'd really like to make a trip thru Florida and get with several Rinker owners.  Work my way down and meet Ras, see my father, then Handy again, and to bottom to see J3ff!  that'd be a great trip!!  It might have to be a couple drinks with Ras!  Someone that can just continually work on that boat, tearing it all apart until it's right!  Then have all the other things that happened, putting his family first!  & staying positive throughout!  Ras, you are truly an inspiration and you've shown us how to keep looking forward!

I sure hope we get to that light at the end of the tunnel!  My wife started working in a tent outside her hospital yesterday.  Sure not a good sign of the winter to come! (fortunately it's not Covid patients, but it's because they need her floor for them).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I won’t comment on the scamdemic with an unbelievably high survival rate, but I do truly hope everyone here has a blessed holiday. I have a lot of hobbies and spend a lot of time on forums, and this forum, and the vintage mustang forum, both have the best quality of people out there. Always here to help, and super knowledgeable. 2020 was tough for everyone, and even though I faced furlough and now I’m getting a divorce for Christmas, I still have my kids and a great career. 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chin up fastback, sorry to hear, That's tough, you don't see any way to work it out, then move on. 
    Boat Name : 

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @69fastback sorry to hear what's going on in your life right now. I went through a very nasty divorce after 28 years of marriage. I have 3 kids and I thought the same thing. "As long as I have my kids". Well let me tell you what happened there. My ex bad mouthed me so bad in front of the 2 youngest one that they don't speak to me.  She brainwashed my daughter so bad that she changed her last name to her mother's maiden name. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.  Wishing you the best of luck. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop crying Raybo and keep cutting those checks!!!! Bahahahahaha
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good one. I will save that pic
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Fastback. Sorry to hear about that. Something I learned twenty some years ago is we don't always marry the right person the first time. That divorce allowed me to find my soul mate and we just celebrated our 20th anniversary this year. The most important thing is to insulate the kids from the divorce as much as possible.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Blah
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ras, all the best to you and the Admiral for what you are doing for those kids.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    Well we are 19 years in with a 11 and 15 year old. None of it makes sense to me, but it’s a new reality. My world revolves around my kids, and that won’t change. 
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury hope you have great Christmas and I hope the new year is good to you. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Blah
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    31 years for me had almost divorced about 10 years ago but we both went to counseling and worked through it 
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    31 yrs for me also. I just decided to get a girlfriend.  Well thats what my wife thinks with the money and time i spend "at the boat". 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    31 yrs for me also. I just decided to get a girlfriend.  Well thats what my wife thinks with the money and time i spend "at the boat". 
    Might make a good boat name. "Mistress" or "The Other Woman"
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    maybe its the scamdemic 
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I've been married 39 years. (To the same woman.) This is currently the California State Record. Probably worked because she's from Iowa. Happy New Year! Andy