Options

Pulled the dash out to redo

2»

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody.  I appreciate the kind words.  Definitely not done and i will post a final pic when i finish tweaking things.  New trim switch ordered ($$$) and a Xintex Fire Indicator.  Just waiting on my door to be painted.  I thought i would post a few pics to show the evolution of the dash in the last 5 yrs.  

The first pic is what it looked like when i bought it. The chartplotter was old and really hard to see when it is at your knees. Second pic was after i bought a new chart plotter, guages, Simrad Fishfinder and a Glove box.  I made a dash panel out of starboard and wrapped it and the glove box.  The wrap and the Simrad were a fail.  Third pic is where i am today.  I really like the Garmin dual screens and that all my gauges are now N2K.  The panel material is 3/16 vinyl and very durable.  I haven't noticed any fading from the test piece i had in all last summer.  With everything being inset now i can replace the panel material as i like.  If i want to change it out for black or carbon fiber i can pretty easily do that and completely change up the look.  I chose this as i still really like the steering wheel and it is a perfect match.  I would like to swap out my throttle cover if i can find one reasonably priced.  I definitely like the look of the new rounded ones.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!