Another project Rinker

aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYMember Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
This one might be worth it if someone has the time to get her to where she needs to be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293929866237
2008 330EC

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaMember Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The author has mastered the art of understatement. 

"Gelcoat could use a compound and wax" ... "Some of the upholstery will need redone" ... "Needs engine work" ...

The right buyer could buy for $50k, invest $30k and have a nice $50k boat.  
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLMember Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might buy it for 10....
  • TonyG13TonyG13 ChicagoMember Posts: 673 ✭✭✭
    Agree with @Larea. That poor boat. How did it get to such a sad state? Looks like it had standing water in the cabin. Hardwood flooring is gone and there appears to be a waterline on the berth steps. Upholstery is unforgivable. Interesting that there are no photos of the engine room. Ugh.
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYMember Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re going to be surprised at what it will sell for. It’s at $50k now with 42 bids and 4 days left. Hard top, Joystick/Skyhook ....
    2008 330EC
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDMember, Moderator Posts: 6,254 mod
    Oh that's just sickening!  Even both skegs are busted.  What the heck!  Those vinyl seats are torn up too.  Geez!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYMember Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭✭
    Seller has a PR area code 787. No engine bay photo - my first warning sign.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭
    Didn't even need to get as far as seeing the PR area code. You lost me at the FL registration 🤣
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 487 ✭✭✭
    Has X-24 on the back of the swim platform. Is that a rental?
    Could be an old dock or slip number.
    2008 330EC
    "These boats are selling between 100k-130k" ... hah.  They are selling for $75k.  Maybe $90k in great condition with joystick.  

But it does have a nice trailer.  
  • mattiemattie Sarnia, OntarioMember Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    Agree with @Larea. That poor boat. How did it get to such a sad state? Looks like it had standing water in the cabin. Hardwood flooring is gone and there appears to be a waterline on the berth steps. Upholstery is unforgivable. Interesting that there are no photos of the engine room. Ugh.
    Amazes me how quickly a boat can become a turd. Really sad. 

2012 wasn’t that long ago, lots of expensive options. Must be a bank repo / divorce or stolen recovered left to sit in a yard.

Boats definitely require owners that are somewhat handy, attn to detail, preventative maintenance & take pride in ownership.

Truth is - that boat could almost be worth close to $0. There is a lot of stuff going on with that thing.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 346 ✭✭
    What a shame. How could anyone treat a boat like that? Sickening.
  • SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Im sure i could bring that boat back to life...but at what cost.. $50k up front is too much of a risk. Would be a fun project tho
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Hurricane or flood......pick your poison for that heap.  

That being said, I've bought worse hahahaha.  In my younger years, I had more time and energy to restore a disaster like that. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
    edited January 4
    Interesting. Auction ended without a sale. Seller has it relisted and this time with engine room pics. Does not look promising.

Current bid is at $2025...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293940872113

Strange, he had bids up to $50K at the end of the last auction with no reserve.
    2008 330EC
    Scam.  I'd take it for $2k as a public service.  Sell the trailer, shred the boat, take $500 profit.
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIMember Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it’s almost at 50 again with 24 bids. You think this guy has a few accounts and making it look like there is interest in it? Seems odd that it wouldn’t sell with a bunch of bids unless winner didn’t pay and very odd that it would be back up that high already. 
    Agree. It jumped from $6K to $49K in one bid. Looks like there might be some shill bids in there.
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Yeah probably has friends bidding it up. 

That thing is wrecked. The engine don't look very usable even for rebuild. 
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    Definitely smells like a scam.  The seller only has one negative feedback though.  Interesting....
    2000 Captiva 232