Options

New wake surfing boat

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    The answer to the question no one asked.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 'm guessing some dad is going to fork out a three hundred boat bucks to take the kids surfing? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My admiral would love one of those. She loves to water ski so she tried wake surfing this summer off of a master craft and she just loved it. Very cool! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept is cool for sure and zero emissions I’m sure will please the left but how much coal would it take to charge this behemoth back to full charge??
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    edited January 2021
    "The goal is a run-time of six to eight hours between charges" ... indeed.  That's also the goal for electric race cars.  The reality is that they run for 30 minutes, and then you go hop into the spare race car (or wake boat).  

It's fine.  30 minutes in a wake boat is more than enough time to pi$s off everyone around you.
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Zero emissions until you take into account the emissions from the fossil fuels burned to make the electricity to charge the battery, the fossil fuels burned in the manufacturing of the boat and the nasty business of mining the raw materials for the batteries. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the cadmium, lithium and cobalt in those batteries leave behind a toxic footprint. Mining it, processing it and disposing if the batteries after. Plus, personally you could sink every wake boat on the planet and it wouldn't bother me. Too many ruined days on the water for me.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    What an absolute menace to society.  NO WAY would I want that thing anywhere around where I plan on boating.  Keep that Schitt in the ocean haha. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    As a sales/service dealer for stihl battery powered and petrol powered equipment I can assure you a battery powered boat is FAR from zero emissions. Google image a lithium mine.  

Talk to anyone from Eastern Pennsylvania about mining pollution.  My grandparents lived on a river aka creek above slippery rock that no longer supported much of the native fish population due to old mines. 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    When you’re driving it, just be sure to cut everyone off and expect everyone to get out of your way. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you’re driving it, just be sure to cut everyone off and expect everyone to get out of your way. 
    And be sure to show off your prowess by constantly buzzing the crowded beach and any boats anchored in the area. Apparently they really enjoy that on a quiet afternoon. And don't forget to run the stereo at max volume with the crappiest music you can possibly find. Then you're a true wake boater!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    A couple years ago I rented a house on a small all sports lake for a week and brought our jetski. Well I ran over a rope that I didn’t see in the water and it got sucked up in the impeller. There were plenty of wake board boats water skiing around me, but not one of them stopped to help me and my daughter as we were swimming the jetski back to shore about 1,000 feet. 
    When I was probably 18, I was fishing with my dad. We were about 5 miles from the boat ramp when the oil injection went out on the Mercury and it blew up. We trolled all the way back to the ramp, passing other people fishing. They’d ask “how’s it going?” Dad would say, “well it hasn’t been good. The motor blew up and we are headed to the ramp.”  Not one person towed us in. 
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    All electric sounds like a good idea until there is a short or stay current. We all know how well that mixes with water. Might as well swim with an extension cord plugged into a wall outlet.