Bilge rain water

walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
hi all, I have purchased a Rinker 280Express Cruiser and notice rain water in the bilge. I have removed it but it has returned and it appears it’s coming from the swim platform. Has anyone else had this ?

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. 

Are you sure it's the swim platform?  I recently re-bedded most of the hardware on my transom including the shower housing, shore power receptacles and fuel fills.  They were all leaking.  I used butyl tape, which is perfect for that sort of thing.  
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same boat and I do get water in the bilge from the cleats on the swim platform. There is the cup holders on the swim platform as well that I think can let water in. Lots of little places for water to get in from. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    LaRea said:
    Welcome to the forum. 

Are you sure it's the swim platform?  I recently re-bedded most of the hardware on my transom including the shower housing, shore power receptacles and fuel fills.  They were all leaking.  I used butyl tape, which is perfect for that sort of thing.  

• walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for that and will review them all. Sounds like a good place to start so thank you for the suggestions👍
  • JimGuy341JimGuy341 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Our previous boat was a 280EC.  Had the same issue and narrowed it down to the pop-up cleats on the swim platform.  
    2008 350 EC