Options

Stock Market

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    This is more of my strategy if you can even call it that. The video popped up on my YouTube so I figured I would share it here. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I would think this video is common knowledge but it's still always interesting for perspective and visual. 

https://youtu.be/vffTJV0IzHM
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    My $500 in Bitcoin is worth $550 after two days....but I also realize this is a fast rising bubble that can burst at any time. Wish I'd got into it a month ago but hindsight is 20/20 and doesn't work in investing. That $500 is what I would have spent on an overnight get away someplace which I can't do right now, so if it's gone, it's gone. I'm watching it and if it drops below $450 I'm out. Crypto held directly in Canada is taxed as Capital Gains, so if I'm up $100 I'd get to keep about $65 of itast best, so I'm not doing it for the $$, it's keeping me occupied.
    All my other stuff is strictly blue chip, long term, dividend paying....
    I've been expecting a local top between $55k and $60k, then I anticipate a grind down to around $35k .... I'm not sure, but I do think it's in much need of a healthy correction .... it went nuts the last few months.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw two experts on crypto this weekend. Both said the same thing. Bitcoin 300,000 in a year
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small correction this morning and back up a bit. Analysts are saying might drop to $40000. One even said maybe 30 but then back up. I think you're bang on. I got in high but I know that. I'll ride it a bit. I quit drinking last week for a couple of weeks and started a diet so the $500 is covered. 😉
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    @willhound I've stopped drinking this year, except my limit of 2 glasses of wine/week.  So, I also have plenty of money to spend! :smile:  But, I also believe Bitcoin is gonna correct down below 40.

So, today I bought some shares of Li, we'll see if it was the right choice but I think I'm buying the dip.  It'll be for long term. 

AMAT has definitely been one of my favorite stocks and just happened to have the most invested in it.  I am also liking CCIV, just wish I had bought more when I first bought.  We'll see if the merger happens and what it does.  But, I think Lucid will be a good EV for those willing to spend more than me on a car.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Today I sold DIS calls that I bought on the 17th. Paid $700 sold for $1200 for 71% win and sold some AAL calls I bought last Friday for about 120% win. I also bought ABBV calls today based on what I mentioned above about an inside break. I'm up about $30 on it so far. I was looking for a break down but take what the charts say. Also bought QQQ puts as a hedge today just in case we keep pulling back.
    I bought BA calls on the 17th also and was up about $50 or so this morning. Didn't look at them again until near the end of the day and I was down $250...ouch...lol. Still holding those and holding a bunch of AAPL calls that expire in April. Down about $500 on those but I'm pretty confident in AAPL and will add based on Strat setups. I mentioned before I'm in EFO Edge Discord channel and a mod in there is doing a $1000-100,000 challenge and the AAPL entries are his for the challenge. We are supposed to be in for about $3000 but I'm only in for about $2000 but will add as mentioned above.
    What I'm hoping for tomorrow is a nice decent size gap down so I can get out of my QQQ puts for a nice profit then have everything bounce and start a new uptrend....lol. Hey, turnaround Tuesday!
    Overall for the day even with AAPL and BA crushing me I was only down $30 for the day. I'll take that on a day like today. Oh, still waiting for an entry on SPCE. Having got a trigger yet.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIKE : turnaround Tuesday, it was brutal today. 75% of mine went down. 

Dream when I first heard about CCIV it was $7.20 Ah hindsight. It did jump up on news but back down late in the day. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMC and GME were up today for me... only about 350 more to go till it's break even!!
  • Options
    Randy, yeah CCIV went down huge during after hours.  I may just buy in more on the drop for long term.  I may also buy a little in RIDE to just equalize my EV portfolio. :smile:

• Options
    Well I help QQQ puts overnight and sold right after open for about 115% (paid 259 sold for 559). At open I was down about $700 or so. Made a few scalp trades and with the market bouncing I ended up only -$56 at close. I did stop out of BA and PLTR but still holding my AAPL calls. Happy with that after the way today started. On to tomorrow
  • Options
    boatman37 said:
    Well I help QQQ puts overnight and sold right after open for about 115% (paid 259 sold for 559). At open I was down about $700 or so. Made a few scalp trades and with the market bouncing I ended up only -$56 at close. I did stop out of BA and PLTR but still holding my AAPL calls. Happy with that after the way today started. On to tomorrow
    How do you handle your tax burden?
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the end of this market correction. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    I'm looking forward to the end of this market correction. 
    I agree, but I think if ends too soon, another one will happen in March. I'm actually happy with it because I'm trickling some of my 401k that I had pulled out (again, long story but never should've messed with after almost 30 years).  So, I'm buying dips both in my 401 and my stocks.  I'll just keep nibbling more on the down days.  It did hurt a little seeing some of what I have in stocks go down, but the ones that have great dividends all seemed to be immune to the correction, not sure why.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Market corrections take more than a few days ... just saying.  If it's over in a few days, it wasn't a correction ... it was a game played by scalpers.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkB said:
    Market corrections take more than a few days ... just saying.  If it's over in a few days, it wasn't a correction ... it was a game played by scalpers.

I agree.  This has not been a correction, but maybe just a pause.  I would like to see a 10% or so correction and really get some more $ back in there.  But, I'll wait patiently and play some particular stocks in the mean time.

• Options
    it must have been guy's pulling profits' I'm back in the green on 16 of 19 stocks.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    +215% on my GME !!! When to sell.....dammmnn!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    +315 % - dam I am stupid for not selling!! 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    GME - gamestop went from $44.70 to $91.71 Today, in one day, +103 % Looks like a repeat getting ready to happen. Volume 50,566,055 something is going on here. Hope you get out with profits.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    GME - gamestop went from $44.70 to $91.71 Today, in one day, +103 % Looks like a repeat getting ready to happen. Volume 50,566,055 something is going on here. Hope you get out with profits.
    It was at 199.90 for a moment in after hours, I had a limit sell set for 199.99 !!!! Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Closed at 168.

• Options
    boatman37 said:
    How do you handle your tax burden?

I have a CPA that handles my taxes so I just sign when he is done. So far I haven't made enough that I have had to owe. This year might be the first year that I will have to pay in. I have been trading primarily from my IRA so no tax implications. I do have a regular account but it's pretty small. I just started building it up recently but then pulled some out. I have a debit card tied to it and use it as a play account. I use some when I need it so it hasn't really had a chance to grow. Going to work on building it this year. I typically pay in about $15,000 in federal taxes each year and get quite a bit back so even if I have a decent year with the small account this year I still probably won't owe anything, just get less back.
  • Options
    I agree 100% this isn't a correction, just some profit taking and money being moved. Not saying this won't turn into a correction but I think for now we bounce. We had a gap to fill on QQQ (or AAPL, can't remember which now) from 2/1 that we filled the other day. Gaps are like magnets, when you get close you are likely to fill it.

I haven't done much trading this week. Just doing enough to keep me from getting buried on my core positions this week. I'm only down about $195 for the week and considering how much we have pulled back this week that is a win as I'm still holding my core position. Today I bought LYFT calls that expire in April. Looking for about 50% win on those.
  • Options
    I learned a little more about SPACs and the ole saying of buy on the rumor sell on the news.  I should've done some selling of my CCIV when it hit 60, lesson learned.  At this point I bought a little more and waiting for it to settle and will buy more.  I think Lucid will be good for the long term (like the next year or so it will at least double or triple).

• Options
    Gme fueling up, almost time for liftoff! 
  • Options
    Pay attention to rising bond prices which is no good for stocks and signals inflation ahead and no wonder with 30 trillion in debt!!!!!
  • Options
    I've been receiving SPAC tip's for a couple weeks'. Have not participated yet. A tip learned today, (not verified) if ETF's go up one day the stocks go up the next??? Anyone heard that one?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Have not heard that one Randy.  I will have to watch.

Definitely a red day today.  Good day to buy a couple long term things while it's down.  I have a feeling we'll see some more down days though, so maybe I can put a little more in as it does.

Handy, yes, the rising bond prices are scaring people.  10 yr treasure at 1 yr high.

• Options
    IIPR had a really good correction today if anyone is looking to get in. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    The 10 year yield is more than dividends 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The 10 year is showing 1.5 which still seems low to me compared to good dividend stocks. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988