Options

Wet mid berth floor

So got to the boat today and saw that the mattress and floor of the mid berth is wet. Checked all bilges and everything is dry. I had the boat cockpit cover on the boat.

I remember reading that someone else had this problem before. Can’t find the thread.

Any thoughts? I’m stumped.

Thanks,

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can recall a couple threads. In your case are the windows letting water in from a seal or more likely did water get down to the door track and spill over into the cabin?
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That drain under the steer wheel can get stopped up easy. Use flash lite, look for it along the track of the door. Mine was about a 3/4 hole. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Hey thanks. I may have a clue.

the water is port side. The wet parts starts just next to my cabin fridge and extends down to the bottom and back to the mid berth along the port side.

These Dometic refrigerators, I assume they have a condensation hose? Clogged or loose maybe?
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from home refrigerators they do have condensation and also will do a reverse cycle to melt any ice off the condenser which you can hear sometimes. The pan that is supposed to catch it and evaporate the water may be spilling over.

Maybe it is from the refrigerator. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fridges both have a tray in the back to collect condensate. There is no drain that I’ve seen. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be port window or base of windshield. For the window check the sealant between the chrome ri g and white plastic part. Windshield pull the black trim and check the screws for sealant.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    start with the windshield screws, it took me a long time to figure out that was it, takes 20 mins to back them out and seal them.. and then re seal the stbd ones too!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 280 it was the aft cabin port light. The sealant had dried and cracked. I dug out all of the old sealant, resealed it with 3m4000uv and the cabin is dry. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!