Options

Wire connectors kit.... Pause for a moment

Comments

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura Thanks for the kind gesture to help your fellow Rinker owners. I replaced some dodgy wiring behind the helm yesterday that was the cause of my intermittent cabin light problem. I love heat shrink connectors, they keep the salt air out. Andy
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I’d be happy to read on selling on Amazon. Stock market is just too much for me but Amazon selling would Be interesting to learn about 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    @Aqua_Aura I'd love to see you start a thread on how it works selling thru Amazon.  It's great to be able to learn different things like this all on a great boating forum!  Again, thanks for the wire connector kit!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a nice kit to keep handy, @Aqua_Aura sent me one a few months ago.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can start a thread and give some info for those interested. There is lots of good info on stock trading however I now know first hand there is lots of garbage info for selling on Amazon. Most everything I found on YouTube was just people trying to get you to sign up for their selling course which after reading reviews are not good. Thankfully for me I have a good friend that has done this for may years on a very large scale and was willing to partner with me. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered some light bulbs on AliExpress. No complaints. Usually the quantities are significant. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    We use Alibaba but it is only used for the transactions with our supplier in China. I think ali express is for buying more direct retail type stuff but I'm not sure. As it is now with our products we are purchasing around 2000 units a month and having it shipped by sea. This is going to start increasing greatly as we have many new products starting. 

Finding a good supplier/manufacturer is going to be the hardest barrier to entry aside from having the money to begin. A bad supplier could sink you really quick. If they don't produce good products or can't keep up with your demand that can kill a product. When you run out of stock on an item it is really bad for the listing unless you were able to get ranked well and had some good advertising. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Everyone who ordered from me the first day I have refunded the charges and you should be getting your connectors kit by Friday or Monday at the latest. 

IF I MISSED REFUNDING YOU PLEASE PM ME SO I CAN FIX IT!!!!!!  
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I see the refund, thank you!

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup see refund, thanks. Every time I use one of these connectors I will think of some boat in Washington state oh and the forum.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hopefully they work out well and you don't think of that "guy" that gave you those dam connectors 😂. 

This is our next product we will be working on. Grommet install tool which I'm sure many of you can find a use for. This product will be set up FBA so I can just create a fulfillment order directly in Amazon and send them out when they are ready. Great for replacing the tarp grommets as those seem to rip off on occasion. 

Post edited by raybo3 on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    thanks Aqua! 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Hopefully they work out well and you don't think of that "guy" that gave you those dam connectors 😂. 

This is our next product we will be working on. Grommet install tool which I'm sure many of you can find a use for. This product will be set up FBA so I can just create a fulfillment order directly in Amazon and send them out when they are ready. Great for replacing the tarp grommets as those seem to rip off on occasion. 

I will definitely order one of those!  My cheap one that adds to the pliers and also the hammer one...neither work and the stinkin thing comes back off in time!

• Options
    It will take about 3 months before they get on Amazon however I can probably get my manufacturer to send me some early. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look way better than the vice grip versions!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    These are for the grommets. 

The vice grip version you are thinking of is for the snaps and unfortunately that is what ours will be however they will be about $10 cheaper than the others on Amazon. They are price gouging people big time on both of the snap and grommet tool. 

The snap tool needs that vice grip style to be able to apply enough pressure. This style in the photo would take too much hand strength to install a snap. 

We were gonna do something like the real fancy press n snap pliers but they are patented and I didn't want to deal with design changes to work around the patent. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup see refund, thanks. Every time I use one of these connectors I will think of some boat in Washington state oh and the forum.
    Likewise, my refund posted also, thanks @Aqua_Aura

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the refund! And yes please keep us posted on the grommet tool, way better than the old fashioned way of pounding them in. Thanks!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine arrived via a loud bang of the mailman throwing the package at my front door. Looks great! Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    Oh good I guess my packaging held up. 😯
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Sure did! Mine came yesterday and took a number of swipes with the box cutter to be freed! Nice kit, even the Admiral was impressed and they usually don’t get our excitement for this stuff.

You didn’t keep any beer money? :(

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    Having installed a LOT of heat-shrink connectors over the past four months, I can say that these look like good ones.  
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Yep got mine today thanks again Aqua!! 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Yep got mine today thanks again Aqua!! 
    Yours was the one I thought was lost in the mail. That's good you got it!!!
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Mine says arriving between March 3-9.  I have one or two small projects I know I'll use them for already.

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Mine says arriving between March 3-9.  I have one or two small projects I know I'll use them for already.
    So did mine but got here yesterday. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Mine was supposed to come today. Now it says arriving March 3-9 and no tracking number. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    The USPS has been giving very unreliable useless info. Hopefully next week if y'all had any tracking issues they will be resolved. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988