Options

EVC fault

Hi all, been using the boat today and the attached fault came up when starting. Turned off and re started and gone. Has anyone seen it before?. Took her out with no problems but curious as not seen it before 

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Seems like a glitch in the system so it had to approximate trip data rather than having actual data? Maybe lost a signal for a bit so there was gaps in the data it was receiving. Not sure of anyone else here having EVC as you are the first I have seen. 

It also may be indicating that it will be giving you approximate trip data. Is it giving you all the numbers it should or is anything not working on the screen? 
    Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that on every start up on my Volvo D6. Immediately goes away when I press the evc button. For me it is because the fuel tank needs to be properly re calibrated while re fueling. Computer is using fuel burn to approximate the tank level. If you read the manual you may be able to re set trip data and it will go away, if that doesn’t work then your fuel gauge needs re calibrated like me. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    Thanks guys, this forum is awesome for the wealth of knowledge it has by it’s members. I really do appreciate your replies and it is great to be part of . When I consider I nearly bought a Monterey I am so glad I opted for a Rinker  <3

• Options
    walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    Aqua_Aura.......the screen is working fine
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    If anyone is having trouble with these screens I’ve got a great guy who can bring them back to life. My lights went out and he did a great job replacing the lights. These screens are $2k to replace if you can even find them so it’s great to have a guy who can repair lights or burnt/black screens. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    walkermar said:
    Aqua_Aura.......the screen is working fine
    I just meant maybe the screen wasn't receiving some of the data so it was estimating trip data. 

Either way sounds like it's not a major issue 👍
    1997 Bayliner 3988