Options

Raymarine Radar Dome Removal

rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
I'm getting ready to transport my new 390 and the radar dome needs to be removed.  Rather than depend on one marina to remove it and a different marina reinstall it at the destination I'm going to do it myself.  After reading other posts on this forum and some other online searching it appears doable.  The bolts holding it on should be accessible from a hardtop access panel.  The thing that I'm not sure of is the wiring connection.  Is it a simple plug or something more complicated?  Thanks in advance for the responses.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two simple plugs on mine! You need to remove the lid of the dome and an access cover. The one connector won’t fit thru the grommet but you should be able to just remove the grommet from the dome and reinstall after transport. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dome radar on my 06 342 was just one large plug on the back. Holding it on was 4 posts with nuts inside the arch. On my current 390 with a new open array, same deal. 4 posts with 4 nuts. One single wire in to the back. There is a plate on the back of it that needed to be removed and there is where the single connection is. We removed this for transport ourselves, it was heavy, needed 2 guys to lift and move it along with the admiral on the hard top guiding. We left it in the cabin for transport, was wrapped in a sleeping bag and a blanket and tied in place so it won’t slide and damage the woodwork or itself. Good luck. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.  I'll be removing it next week.  Right now the forecast is for mid-30's the day I'm removing it.  Should be fun.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340