Options

End of an era (Rinker).

We had a 2000 (Rinker Captiva 212- open bow) for over 21 years.  Was maintained in mint condition, stored inside during the winter,
ran like new year after year. Not many hours on 220 horse/motor, engine tuned up just once, started up every year.  Always my dream to have a boat someday.  Thought the boat would be a SeaRay, was talked of that one. Why buy a Lincoln when you can buy a Mercury Marquis with the same power plant as that on the Lincoln.  To make a long story short, we loved the boat
, but living in the suburbs of Chicago we just did not get the boat out enough.  Broke my heart but after 21 years I was able to sell the boat for 50% of what I originally paid for back in 1999.  I saw that Rinker was no longer going to be built, what a shame.  Still believe to this day had the Rinker family not sold out to a big conglomerate, remained family owned, the tradition of a great boat company would have survived.  To those Rinker owners out there, enjoy the treasure you have and be thankful.
             Happy Boating to All!
                  Paul Kott

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    Paul, a lot of people here will raise a glass to toast that sentiment.  Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Paul, sure nice reading your story and sounds like you had a great run with the boat!  I definitely agree it is sad to see Rinker go away.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not many boaters around my area that have the "express cruiser" style boat. I was at my marina the other day and another tenant with a Bayliner of the same style said " nice you got a Rinker those are top class boats" made me feel good and proud of what I own but also a little sad knowing they are not around anymore. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Great story Paul. Sad that you had to sell. Rinker boats just have that special look to them. Good luck in the future 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the story
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Just because you sold the Rinker doesn't mean you have to leave this forum. Please stick around and share your experiences with us.