Options

Transome door

Just purchased a used 2007 Rinker 350 Express cruiser. Very excited to join the Rinker family. Was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on how the announcement of the  Discontinuance of the Rinker brand last year has affected parts availability? Based on inspection I have a few parts that need to be repaired or replaced. Most I believe are common parts but one in particular I am struggling with. Believe it or not the aft transom door is missing. Only potential solution maybe to fabricate one from starboard. Does anyone know where I could find an OEM replacement?

Answers

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and the Rinker brand. I think someone else was looking for that door at some point do maybe try searching the forum for that post otherwise Great Lakes Skipper may have something and beyond that you may need to fabricate it. My 280 door is very basic and would be easy to make not sure if the 350 door is similar. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    charlieanna1983charlieanna1983 Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. When you get a chance could you snap a picture of yours so I can get an idea of what it’s supposed to look like.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    The original transom door is starboard so pretty easy to make and replace. I will try to get a good picture and measurements next time I am at my 350.  

Congrats on the new boat!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    thanks. I appreciate your help. Looking forward to getting out and using my new boat.Somewhat intimidated by the size and ability to maneuver having come from a single engine bow rider.
  • Options
    You'll figure it out. I went from no boat to the 280 and you just need to go no faster than your willing to hit something and keep an eye on currents and wind to plan ahead. Atleast you have twin engines for even more maneuverability. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    A year and a half ago I was going through the same stresses as you. Bow rider to a 310. Had an instructor I found in local boating mag come give my 2 sons and I a 3 hr lesson on close quarter maneuvering and docking. Best $300 bucks I spent. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words and support. We have our first 3-4 hour session with an experienced boat captain 1 week from Monday. Hoping my wife and I will feel better after that.
    BTW- I think this forum is fantastic!

Didn’t know much about Rinker. Most of my friends always talked about Sea Ray and Regal. The 350 just appealed to me and my wife especially the head room in the main cabin. Haven’t seen a boat out in the market that had that kind of space.
    Again thank you for the warm welcome.
  • Options
    Let’s see some pics!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Definitely post some pictures!  Welcome to the forum. We are definitely a friendly bunch here that love our Rinkers, but we even let those without Rinkers, whether they own another brand or none at all still stay here!😁

The 350 is a great boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Here’s some pics of the transom door

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Check out boatoutfitters.com, they will cut a piece of king starboard for you and will cut it to your dimensions if you’d like, round the edges, etc.... would be a great and inexpensive way to replace that door. Awesome that you have measurements from @YYZRC
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s even something that I’m sure @diggin2day1 can make. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC What is all that black mold???
  • Options
    It’s mold from the boat being wrapped for two years plus dust from the old carpet backing. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    A boat that i was looking at prior to the Rinker had a tinted glass transom door.  Bout the thickness of a shower door.  I always wanted to do something like that if i could get it cut.  It was really sharp looking. The door on my 342 is plastic but is also smooth.  Most Starboard material i have seen is textured.  I would imagine you would need to sand it, put on a skim coat of epoxy and then paint it also.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    It's not mild. It's the rubber backing from the carpet. It breaks down and sticks to the non skid and is a PITA to remove.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    It's not mild. It's the rubber backing from the carpet. It breaks down and sticks to the non skid and is a PITA to remove.
    There was mold on the door. Get new glasses Raybo. Bahahahahaha
  • Options
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    That looks SHARP!  (Translation for Boston residents such as @raybo3 - it looks SHOP!)  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Hey hey what brought that on @LaRea? And its shahp....lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are so wicked funny 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s Lobsta @raybo3
    There’s a nice boat over here named “Lobsta”. I can’t remember what make boat it is but it’s beautiful. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    edited March 2021
    aero3113 said:
    It’s Lobsta @raybo3
    There’s a nice boat over here named “Lobsta”. I can’t remember what make boat it is but it’s beautiful. 
    Make?  It's a lobsta boat!  That's the make! :smile:

It would be fun to hear all the different accents of those on the forum.  (I think Raybo's would be the best! LOL!)

Man, sure got off topic here!  we can definitely blame LaRea for that one!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I think “transome” led us down this path! It was fate. 
  • Options
    I think the newb to the forum is wondering what the heck is going on here 😬. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    What the heck is this assault on me??? Again for the record is Lobstah so get it right....LOL
  • Options
    So do the lobstahs have shahp clahws 🦞
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Fackhen rite they do