Options

232 corsa exhaust

I am going to be installing the corsa side exhaust in my 2005 232 with a 350 mag.  Does anyone have the exact dimensions when the side exhaust flange goes through?

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 232, and I've got to ask..........why do you want side exhaust?  If it is purely for that throaty sound, then you're on the right path.  If you're expecting any performance gains AT ALL, it's a huge waste.   I love how quiet my 350mag is.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    jarrettfordjarrettford Member Posts: 21
    I want the sound.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    I have a 232, and I've got to ask..........why do you want side exhaust?  If it is purely for that throaty sound, then you're on the right path.  If you're expecting any performance gains AT ALL, it's a huge waste.   I love how quiet my 350mag is.  

The side output is where Rinker placed the exhaust on the 232.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:

Only on very few of them.  Mine goes out the prop, as do most.   There is zero power gains from the loud vs. quiet options, it's simply personal preference.  
    When sleeping on ours, I almost always wake up before dawn, and head out fishing, while the family is still snoozing.  That side exhaust option, would wake up everyone in the boat, and surrounding friends at our camp as well....
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I know they placed the exhaust there but I don’t want to put holes in the wrong place. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    Lake_Bum said:

Only on very few of them.  Mine goes out the prop, as do most.   There is zero power gains from the loud vs. quiet options, it's simply personal preference.  
    When sleeping on ours, I almost always wake up before dawn, and head out fishing, while the family is still snoozing.  That side exhaust option, would wake up everyone in the boat, and surrounding friends at our camp as well....
    If the boat came from the factory with the thru hull exhaust, they were on the sides of the boat. Yes, if the boat did not have thru hulls, the exhaust went out the drive. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I know. I am installing a new thru side exhaust. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several YouTube videos on this install
  • Options
    I found installs but not on a 232. 
  • Options
    Same way to do it on other boats
  • Options
    Gotcha. Wasn’t sure if you knew of installs on a 232 that was posted
  • Options
    The key is laying out the exhaust outlets on each side in the same location. I thought Corsa can make the kit to fit a particular boat? Make sure you get the Y valves. 
  • Options
    I gave them all the dimensions for the boat and sent pictures and they said it would fit fine. I might just have to move my blower hoses and possible trim pump
  • Options
    I gave them all the dimensions for the boat and sent pictures and they said it would fit fine. I might just have to move my blower hoses and possible trim pump
    Spend that stimulus money!
  • Options
    Always wanted the side exhaust. Just didn’t have it when i purchase It.