Options

2021 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
Well, I've waited a bit longer to post this this year.  I do believe it's going to be a great boating summer.

July 9-11th will be the 15th Chesapeake Rinkervous (yeah, no more annual since we had to cancel last year).   Location still the same... just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3-4 feet deep. 

The theme, well, gotta do what we had last year since I know many people (including me) bought items to use for it, little ironic, but it is the Olympics!! wink  We always have some great competition with the best decorated boat.  

I really missed having the event last year, but we are going to get back on track and will be a fantastic weekend!  For those that always thought about making it but hadn't, this will be the year to not miss.  My help behind the scenes, well, this may be his last year.  He is the one with the 400 up for sale.  He has a great setup for music that plays across all the boats.  Cordless microphones to use during all of the fun activities and events and giveaways. He also has any song on his play list, creating a really great atmosphere!

Hoping to see lots of families come out as well.  The admiral always likes having activities for all the little ones (& big ones too!). 

I do know of several new boat owners that are definitely planning to make it!  Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to make it this year. I still have the decorations for my boat. With the move, it may be even more difficult. At least I would win the prize again for longest traveled.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I would love to attend. It's just too far for me.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
  • Options
    Great @benvenuttioki !!  Looking forward to meeting you!  

Greg, would love to see you and your family make a trip out it!  We were just talking about it the other weekend in the marina. I know it is even further away bow though.

• Options
    ok, I thought it may be a good time to bring this topic back up to the top.  Rinkvervous is 3 weeks away!  Out of the next 25 days, there is only 3 that I will not be on the boat! So I've gotta get this Rinkervous going while I'm not spending time boating! :wink:

I know there are actually a few people coming new to Rinkervous this year.  I always look forward to meeting some new people!  The admiral and I have most of the details planned out for the weekend.  Really looking forward to some great food!  Missing last year, it's been way too long!

@benvenuttioki I'll be in Solomons (at Spring cove) next weekend (in a week) with another 390 & 400.  I'm sure we'll be easy to spot.  We'll make sure to have a drink or two with you.  We'll have to have you over for a couple as well! :smile:

• Options
    @Dream_Inn, look forward to seeing you!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    That Saturday, I'll have 80 people at my house, so I might not make it!  But I want to see pictures, lots of pictures.   :)

READERS:  This guy @Dream_Inn knows how to throw an event!  Go.  You won't regret it.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    That Saturday, I'll have 80 people at my house, so I might not make it!  But I want to see pictures, lots of pictures.   :)

READERS:  This guy @Dream_Inn knows how to throw an event!  Go.  You won't regret it.
    A super spreader event?? What are you thinking??
  • Options
    I have to agree with @LaRea, @Dream_Inn does know how to throw a great event. If I was still in Pittsburgh, I would be making the trip to the bay again. My wife, daughter and I had a wonderful time in 2019. So much so, that we were planning on making the trip again last year. Being our first year in the midwest, a 12 hour haul of the boat to and from the event isn't likely. Hopefully we can figure something out for next year. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the kind words.  We've had 2 years to plan this one, so it'll be fun! Greg, I think you just need to make a week out of it!👍 I was so impressed with how far you came two years ago for the event!  I remember Handy wouldn't even drive his boat up from Solomons cause it was too far!  LOL!

LaRea that is like having the entire Rinkervous in your house!  Wow!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Some day some day........ Its on my bucket list. Do they rent boats in the area????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Some day some day........ Its on my bucket list. Do they rent boats in the area????
    Sure, kayaks. 
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    There are several boat rentals and many that you can rent directly from owners.

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these boats you can rent to sleep on? If Rinker was still in business it would have been fun to try and rent a couple of them for people who live far away but woul dlove to fly in and stay the weekend!! If Regal would like to sponsor my rinkervous trip this year that'd be great, I'll take the 43 with out boards please. 
  • Options
    hrm3hrm3 Member Posts: 1
    hoping we can make it out with our new to us FV340 if the marina would actually work on it when they said they would… we prob won’t be able to stay all weekend. Is this a ‘show up and hang out’ thing? Or is there a schedule or any info other than the location? 

Thanks for organizing. 
  • Options
    hrm3 said:
    hoping we can make it out with our new to us FV340 if the marina would actually work on it when they said they would… we prob won’t be able to stay all weekend. Is this a ‘show up and hang out’ thing? Or is there a schedule or any info other than the location? 

Thanks for organizing. 

There is no schedule, but I'll say you won't want to miss Saturday afternoon & if possible stay that night.  That is when we have most of the activities.  You'll see the group anchored, just come back, near one side or the other and get your boat swung around (stern in first).  We will then probably ask you to cut the engines off and we'll walk your boat the rest of the way to tie you up. 

I'll add that there is plenty of food & drinks.  Most boaters will bring one or two of their favorite appetizers & or drinks to share during the day/evening Saturday.  Half of us are wading in the water (that has a sandy bottom) with umbrellas and food comes around on stand up boards or dinghies.  We also do a little sunset dinghy cruise in the evening and then a handful of boats are into the theme by then (sometimes putting on a little show).  It's all a really great time!  Can't wait to see you there!

• Options
    YowellsLiquidAssetsYowellsLiquidAssets Member Posts: 3
    We'll be there again with Ruff Times and Puddle Jumper! We are looking forward to it and can't wait to see everyone again!
  • Options
    We'll be there again with Ruff Times and Puddle Jumper! We are looking forward to it and can't wait to see everyone again!
    That is great!!!  Always love seeing you, Melissa and your Brother...and of course the dogs!!👍

• Options
    Well, I thought I'd post on here one more time.  Weather looks to be great Friday afternoon thru Sunday!  I think we will leave Friday morning instead of Thursday evening due to the leftovers of Elsa that will quickly come thru Thursday evening.

I sure hope to see everyone & also plenty of new faces as well!

• Options
    We’re planning to head N early Fri afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend!
  • Options
    Corral42Corral42 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    We would love to come and bring our drone again this year, but I have been fighting a generator issue all season. I bought a Cummings p4500i that is getting us by, however it would be too loud for a raft up. Next year.
  • Options
    Corral42 said:
    We would love to come and bring our drone again this year, but I have been fighting a generator issue all season. I bought a Cummings p4500 that is getting us by, however it would be too loud for a raft up. Next year.
    Just don't run the genny the entire time. I used my Ryobi to cool the cabin down in the evening and to charge batteries in the late morning. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    One year I will make this event!!
  • Options
    Rich1229Rich1229 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Coming down from Elk River, Saturday late morning.  300 Fiesta Vee.  Bouys of Paradise..
  • Options
    Rich1229 said:
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Coming down from Elk River, Saturday late morning.  300 Fiesta Vee.  Bouys of Paradise..
    Looking forward to meeting you!

• Options
    Corral42 said:
    We would love to come and bring our drone again this year, but I have been fighting a generator issue all season. I bought a Cummings p4500 that is getting us by, however it would be too loud for a raft up. Next year.
    Just don't run the genny the entire time. I used my Ryobi to cool the cabin down in the evening and to charge batteries in the late morning. 
    I agree with Greg.  If it's something you can just use to keep things charged up, should be no big deal.  If you have to run it all night, well that may be a different story with a portable one.  Either way, we can also keep you further on one end of the raftup as well so it's not a tripping hazard.  I loved those drone shots!  That was the year we had more of an arc to the raftup, which worked out nicely.

• Options
    @Dream_Inn hope the weekend is great! Be sure to post some pictures of the event!! I will be sure to show them to my wife. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Hey all. Made it back to Solomons. Beautiful run to end a great couple of days. Thanks, @Dream_Inn et al. for organizing and making this happen. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!