Options

Freshwater/ blackwater tanks sending units for Rinker 342

Hello and good evening,

Does anyone know where you can buy the 19" long fireboy - xintex liquid level monitoring sensors that go in the fresh water/ black water tanks?  

Thanks in advance

Patrick Magrum
678-591-6803

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fireboy-Xintex stopped making/supporting these. I was looking a few weeks ago and nothing available. 

Do you have a NEMA 2000 set up on board?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    apdcopapdcop Member Posts: 23
    I don't have NEMA 2000 system... I am now looking at installing a whole new system

• Options
    Lots of options out there. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    apdcopapdcop Member Posts: 23
    Thank you to all, I am actually going to go with the SCAD system (SCAD 2) one side for the fresh water tank and other side will be for the black water.  
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    My 342 had the side mount monitors and it didn’t work very well. Especially for black water. Tank would get yucky inside and they couldn’t read. It’s so easy to make inspection ports in the 342 to see the actual tanks that I wouldn’t waste time or money on a new monitoring system. Just do this:

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/5826/342-waste-water-tank-view
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Just an FYI if you have a NEMA 2000 network running:

https://maretron.com/products/tlm100.php

you can use your existing fuel tank sending units with their connection to a NEMA network.  

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I've purchased the Yacht Devices YDTA-01s - both for fuel and water/black to outfit a new N2K network I've added. Although I have the fuel side done, I don't know if the FB-Xintex TS-yada series are resistive or voltage type senders, nor do I know the nominal ohms/voltage for full and empty. The config files for these units require those params on an microsd inserted into them. Anyone know that info offhand? I'm actually hoping I can keep them on the existing display unit in the cabin. I sense that these are voltage-type and that's why you have to press the buttons in the cabin to get readings.
    Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee