Options

Pig Royalty

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
@69fastback , do you know about this show? Not sure if it’s airing yet.

https://youtu.be/AWy35lodzEY

2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost asked the same thing a few weeks ago 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    LOL!!!!

Funny story. About a year ago, the original producer of that show contacted my daughter on Instagram. They interviews us, and she was cast for the show. We had a lot of reservations about putting our 15 year old daughter on TV, so we spent a lot of time talking to the producer, making sure the show was going to be true to what pig showing is, and be portrayed in a positive light. She seemed to have all the right answers, and we were supposed to be the “Dallas family” on the show. 

Well, somewhere along the line, they changed producers, and the new producer came in talking about putting the families against each other, like you see on the show. I could tell after a few conversations that the scope of the show wasn’t going to be something we were interested in, so we backed out. After watching it, I am sure glad we did. That’s not something I want my daughter to be a part of, and those people on the show are getting blackballed in the showing community. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Now that's an interesting story!  Controversy sells advertisements, so I guess they had to invent some controversy.  Sounds like you chose wisely.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    @69fastback - Glad you backed out. When we saw the first few preview episodes I told the Admiral I thought that was the show you were talking about in earlier posts. She said, I hope they're one of the sane families. I guess you were sane by not participating.  :)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re a smart guy @69fastback 👍🏻👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You backed out!!!!!! Your daughter could have been the next Honey Boo Boo 🤣. 

Good choice, definitely don't need her in that spotlight. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    x4 smart move not getting involved.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you’ve guys have watched the show, it’s a train wreck. The main reason I bought my own stock trailer last year, was because we were going to be on that show. Lol.  I love having that trailer though.