Rinker 280 EC - leaning to port side?

Hi all,

I just got my 280EC in the water - everything is good. Well - apart from the boat is now leaning 3 inches to the port side of the boat (which obviously it didn't end of last season), and it looks kinda crooked. Only thing I can think of, that puts weight on to even this out, is that I emptied the septic tank. Gas is full in the bottom (middle) tank, fresh water tank is empty on the portside as well.

I'll try and fill some water in it later, but I don't think it will be enough to even it out. 

Any ideas, or anyone had this issue?

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many batteries do you have? I have 3, two house and one starting. I moved my second house battery to the starboard side, which helped out some. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    My 270 has the exact same problem- have to carry a full fresh water just to keep her level. Search the forum  VERY common issue. I get at least 3 calls a year that my boat is leaning 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy bagged lead bb’s just for this situation. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait your fresh water tank is EMPTY???  I understand the list if it was full ... that's normal on these smaller boats, considering the septic/waste is empty ... but if the water tank is empty ... what heavy stuff do you have on the port side right now?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• PhilipPhilip Member Posts: 25
    How many batteries do you have? I have 3, two house and one starting. I moved my second house battery to the starboard side, which helped out some. 
    Two batteries on the portside - The side it's leaning towards. But the same configuration as last year. 
    MarkB said:
    Wait your fresh water tank is EMPTY???  I understand the list if it was full ... that's normal on these smaller boats, considering the septic/waste is empty ... but if the water tank is empty ... what heavy stuff do you have on the port side right now?
    Yeah, the fresh water tank is empty - and when I fill it up it will only do matters worse. 
    I'll check back in when I try to fill some water in the septic tank, to see if it levels out. 

Thanks guys!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philip said:
    Two batteries on the portside - The side it's leaning towards. But the same configuration as last year. 
    I had 2 batteries on port side too on my 260EC ... if the fresh water tank was empty, that hardly made a difference, and the boat was more or less level. With the fresh water tank full and waste tank empty, sure I was probably 3" maybe 4" listed to port.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

So this is embarrassing :hushed: Apparently the guy who put it in the water filled the freshwater tank (100 gallons) and I didn't even notice... Problem solved - just have to pay attention :-D 
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Philip said:
    So this is embarrassing :hushed: Apparently the guy who put it in the water filled the freshwater tank (100 gallons) and I didn't even notice... Problem solved - just have to pay attention :-D 
    That's a lot of fresh water for a 280. They usually have a 30-40 gallon OEM tank. Where'd the other 60 gallons go?  :D
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fresh water tank on the 280EC is 33 gallons.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!