Options

Looking to purchas a new to me Fishing boat ???

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
After doing quite abit of research on differant brands I came accross the Triumph brand and want to know if anyone has had any experince with this brand? Triumph builds some of the largest and best-looking plastic boats around, using a type of polyethylene combined with UV protecting materials, pigments, and antioxidants, which they call “Roplene.

They went oout of business in 2016. That does not bother me as Rinker is out also, I can still recomend a Rinker. looking at their  21 ft or the 235 CC model. i found a local guy that has a 19ft model he going to let me take a look tomrrow. It's to small for my use but I get to see how they are. 

Here is a couple sales clips. braging about the toughness of there product. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqjr660neU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9LIJ9S3U6U

Example picture below of 21 ft

SOLD - 2004 Triumph 210 CC - Yamaha 150 Four Stroke - Video Tour  Sea  Trial - YouTube
Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy in North Port is selling his 24 CC. It’s a Carolina Skiff with twin 115 Yamahas. 600 hrs. Asking 40G. Brand new trailer too. 
  • Options
    Thanks Handy, Looking for inshore, trailerable, shallow draft, min 22ft, deep V, min HP 150.

I had never ran accross the triumph brand before, 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    If the price is good and no soft spots id say go for it.  Take it out for a spin, make sure she's as comforable at top speed as she is when you are drift fishing.  

Being you don't need an off shore boat you have a ton of boat options.  Although many boat owners who brag about their Hydro or Grady being able to handle 6 footers won't go out in more than 1 to 2 footers.   
  • Options
    What I just sent you has all your wishlists
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    https://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/d/lexington-mako-250/7289527395.html

Here you go handy.  This is less than half the price, we can use the 20k left over to buy 2 tanks of gas....maybe 3 if we drink natural light rather than real beer!   

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/salisbury-ft-key-west-center-console/7293906153.html

I don't know how old of a boat you're looking at.  Key West is a brand with lots of ownership online details.  If you have 25k to play with there are plenty of fresh water bay boats between Atlanta and Charlotte.  Guys wanting to go smaller due to age or go bigger to go to the coast.  To fish the stream here you need to go about 60 miles out. 
  • Options
    Key West is what my son uses down here. Good boat
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was in the market for a new fishing boat about 10 years ago I looked long and hard at the Triumph models and spent quite a bit of time chatting and checking out the boats at the Triumph booth at the Toronto Boat Show. A unique design to be sure. The hull and upper deck are both one single formed piece bonded together at the rub rail. Literally nowhere for water to get in and super easy to clean and maintain. No buffing or waxing. From the test videos they were showing and reading reports at the time they appear virtually indestructible. According to the reps at the time, if you did manage to damage the hull or drilled a hole where you didn't want one, a variety of epoxy products would be compatible. The only thing they didn't know, being a new product was the long term effects of UV rays, although they mentioned it being UV resistant. They certainly have a cult following. Having said all that, in the end I bought a traditional riveted aluminum Sylvan, almost identical to what you have now, but only because the Triumph models were pricy at the time and the local dealer who is also a great guy gave me a killer deal on the aluminum.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @Willhound thanks for answering the question. If you had a dealer near by they have sold some in the area. bad news about something usually travels fast. So you have not heard anyone bad mouthing them. I do not think we had a dealer with in several 100 miles or i would have heard of them.

Boat Name : 

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    My marina was a dealer for Triumph boats going back to when they were called Logic.  Several were in our marina. Never heard a bad word about them.  After owning fiberglass boats for 35 years, if I were looking for that style boat, I would certainly consider one just for its low maintenance.  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Spyderweb I was trying to remember what they were called before Triumph.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Got to look at one in my town he allready has it sold. But impressed with construction. Also found out nearest dealer was in Nashville years ago. There are a lot of good quilities about them. They are not shiney, witch does not bother me its' a fishing boat. Never was into metal flake and such.
    The material is extreamly tough. it is not nessary to keep sheltered anytime. Just cover the seats. Nothing to rot, no wood anywhere. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    What's the core made of? Foam? Composite?  Solid  glass? 
  • Options
    a type of polyethylene combined with UV protecting materials, pigments, and antioxidants, which they call “Roplene.

I was impressed, Will be looking for the 215 model it is 22 ft. beam 8 ft 6 weight 2791, 61 gal fuel, dead rise 19  draft 14 inches. max hp 200, lenth on trailer 27 ft capacity 2200 lb
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    That's a big little boat.  You'll want a ladder on the front of that trialer with that high of a bow!  It looks to be a very comfortable ride from the pics.

It does look off shore capable in case you ever get the urge to hit some reefs.