Options

Sync

essomaninessomanin Member Posts: 5
Hi everybody, I recently bought a rinker but I don't know what this manometer is help 

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    It shows you how much difference in RPM your throttle is between the two engines.  The goal being to keep them in sync and the needle in the middle.  Your throttle handles aren't always perfectly aligned and this lets you keep the engines running evenly.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Is it normal that the lake is also moved with a power-off?
    When I usually go, I looked at engine rations, even though the engine revolutions of the two engines are almost equal the sync remains moved, is it possible that it is the advance to settle?

Really, thank you
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    All depends on how you use your throttles.  Play with them to see how they affect the sync.  Not being in sync for short periods like turning, getting up on plane etc isnt a big deal.  However once up on plane it is always a good idea to adjust them so they stay in sync.  It just keeps from putting more work on one engine vs the other.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    OK, but it's important that this picture was taken in port with engines on
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @essomanin , only pay attention to the sync gauge anything above idle. At idle, it won’t read correctly.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Tomorrow, they speeded up in the crowd to see what's going on! And I'll fill you in, thanks for everything, guys