Few questions from a newbie

kennydalglishkennydalglish Royal Oak, MI.Member Posts: 30
Just bought a 2000 Rinker 232 Captiva.  In good shape but need to add a few necessary items.
1) Dual Batteries: Any recommendations for what worked well for you ?
2) Dual Battery Charger engine compartment mountable ?  Same any recommendations without breaking the bank.
3) Dock power to plug into the battery charger cable ?  Are these easy to find ?
4) I have found my outdrive serial number for my Bravo III but I'll be damned if I can see anything on my engine ?  It is a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI.  Any ideas ?

Thanks again.  Loving this group so far for the quick responses.

Comments

• Stitch232Stitch232 Member Posts: 4
    Kennydalglish, I have the same setup, 2000 232 Captiva with a 350 MAG MPI Bravo III. My serial tag for the motor was on the starboard side of the motor towards the back. Not on the back but close to it. Had to crouch down on the fiberglass deck next to the motor with a flashlight, as it has some hoses, exhaust and such in the way. Once I spotted the tag I just snapped a few pics with my phone. That’s where mine is located. However, I am in the process of doing an engine change due to a cracked block, I noticed that the remanufactured block has the quicksilver engine serial tag in the middle of the starboard side about midway down from where the exhaust manifold is. Just another place to look in case you don’t have the original in it. Enjoy 
  • GrahamuGrahamu Port Credit, ON, CDAMember Posts: 250 ✭✭
    What is the serial # you have, I can check the original engine # and send it 
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaMember Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) Dock power to plug into the battery charger cable ?  
    What kind of power receptacle do you have?  Post a pic if possible.  If it's a 30-amp receptacle, this is my favorite cable ... much easier to use than the old screw-on style. Just clamp it on and twist.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/marinco--12-eel-shorepower-cordset-30a-125v-yellow--12998464?recordNum=2
    12998464jpg
  • kennydalglishkennydalglish Royal Oak, MI.Member Posts: 30
    Thanks Stitch.  I will take a look and see if I see it in those 2 possible locations.

GrahamU: HIN is RNK61708C900

LaRea: Yes, it's a 30 amp.  Pretty pricy for 12 ft of extension cord.  I get the safety factor of a twist lock along with the AWG but wow. 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganMember Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kennydalglish. Welcome to the marine world prices!  lol. Those EEL cord ends are so much easier to use, as noted. 

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaMember Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EEL connector adds about $15 to the price, and is totally worth it.  Yes, they are expensive, but the shore power cord is an important piece of safety equipment.  Too many boat fires have been started by crappy shore power cords.  
    @kennydalglish, I meant the serial number of the drive
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Member Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Rinker was in business you could call them with your HIN and they would give you the original serial numbers for the engine, outdrive and transom assembly along with gelcoat color codes. I would call around Polaris and see if you can still get that info.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

@Liberty44140 if it has Mercury any Mercruiser dealer can get that information, if it's a stern drive. Just need one serial #, engine, drive or transom assy.
  • kennydalglishkennydalglish Royal Oak, MI.Member Posts: 30
    Grahamu,  my bad.  Drive Serial #: 0L463229
    @kennydalglish, I have sent you mail with the info
    The numbers are assuming that you still have original equipment
    @kennydalglish I missed a digit I've sent them again