Options

1999 270 Fiesta spotlight

joanzerjoanzer Member Posts: 8
Hi guys,

A snipped my power wires last fall at the spotlight to take it into my shop and fix the tilt which broke in high waves.

After reconnecting , I have found neither the spotlight or trim tabs work. I also don't see these in my row of breakers. Is there a fuse I need to check somewhere? The switches are right beside each other so I figure they may run on the same power source.

Steve

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    They both get power from the helm power distribution bus, but they have separate feed wires (should be red/yellow for the tabs, red/orange for the spotlight).  

The only thing those circuits have in common is that both are grounded to the ground block (a terminal screw strip, probably mounted to a wall in your engine room).  The ground block will have a million black wires attached to it.  Tighten all of the screws, and give each wire a solid pull to make sure it's good and tight in the crimp terminal.  
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Pictures would help. On my 03 310:For spot light the two rectangles on my switch cover are covers for fuses
    As for windless there is a flag type breaker on the switch similar to this
    2492205jpg
  • Options
    Here is the image. Both fuses seem to be OK.
  • Options
    Do you suppose these two accessories are wired to the same power source ? Grounds are all tight.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    No other outages at the helm?  They are all fed from the same source (a large-gauge wire from the house battery).  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Do you have a multi meter?  Can you verify if you are getting 12v power to the switches?  If not use said mulit meter to trace from power input wire back to the bus.  It they are getting power test switches for proper function.

If switches test good to to the tab pump and light, check to see if you're missing a ground or 12v feed.  

This can also be done with a 12v test light but I recommend all boat/vehicle/lawn mower/home owners to both own and learn to use a multi meter.

It will test anyting from ohms to volts to conitinuty and more.  Also will check your fuses so you know they are good.  Sometimes in bad light it's hard to see if they are blown.