Options

Rough first run

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
Do others experience this? First run of the year and i start up fine. As soon as i throttle up to get on plane it is like i am dragging logs. Couldn't get above 30mph no matter what. Shut down, restarted....same. Maybe a little better. I mean when i left i spent the next 3 hrs researching rebuilds. Come back the next day and its like a new boat. WOT got me up to 38mph with 3 adults and it felt great.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe bad fuel from the winter storage, I have experienced this. Probably just had to get some fuel running in the system and clear out some junk. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this once and it was a plug wire that was damaged.  Were both engines behaving the same?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I was thinking all that. My gateway had an issue halfway through and i lost the readings to one engine. When it was working they were both reading the same rpms. Wires were new 4 yrs ago, plugs last year but i went with cheaper ngk plugs. Filters last year. Dist cap and rotors 2 yrs ago. I am gonna replace my fuel filters. That is definite. Bought new ACDelco plugs but may hold off now that is running well. Clean out the dist cap and rotor. I have to get my gateway working first. I am really hoping it is just a wire and not the gateway itself. It will show each engine seperately. If i attach them one at a time. But not both. Only ends up showing the Port engine. 
  • Options
    I really want to install roller rockers. Just dont have the confidence i can adjust them without a more experienced person there to look over my shoulder for the first few.
  • Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    I have experienced exactly the same symptoms. Was a sticky fuel non return valve, the one right on top of the tank.