Fresh water pump on 2002 310 fiesta vee

Can I eliminate the fresh water pump if I only use city water , we have really good pressure 

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Not sure why you would want to actually eliminate it.  You can have the city water connected and use it without eliminating the pump or even turning the pump on. There is a one-way valve at the pump that will not allow the city water to enter the tank but pressurizes the entire water system.

Welcome to the forum!  My prior boat was a 2002 310.  Was a great boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use city water (as long as you have a city water hookup) and leave your FW pump in place. You should always have your FW pump off while using city water. The city water pressure should always be more than enough, and your inlet is a regulator anyway. No reason to remove your FW pump and that will look weird to a potential buyer when you go to sell. If you travel with the boat, or even go anchor for the day, you will want your FW pump to be able to use the FW system from the tank. I would not eliminate that pump and if it doesn't work, I would replace it. 

This past Saturday I filled my FW tank half way since I knew we were going out for the day, that way the admiral had water for the sinks while we were anchored out. Darn good thing I did as the city water at our dock went out for the entire morning yesterday. Dock mates were bumming but we had a half tank to do dishes, make coffee, wet rags to clean, as glad I had a tank and pump. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are not gonna use your water tank as the city water will bypass it then make sure it's empty otherwise it is gonna get real nasty sitting there. Always good to try and use it and keep water flowing thru that side of the system
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • magicmanmagicman Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information my helper try’s  to cut corners all the time or he calls it thrifty