Mercruiser DTS Relay question

pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
What are the two relays and bus bars behind the helm on the DTS setup for?
When I check the voltage I get 0.08volts on the Port side and 12.7volts on the Starboard side.

I am trying to track down why Vessel View voltage is low and gets lower the longer I idle.

Thanks guys

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're seeing 0.08 volts between what and what?  

The grey 2-conductor wire that enters that photo from bottom right comes direct from the battery through an inline fuse (maybe 20 or 40 amps).  If you're seeing .08 volts between that black wire and some other ground point, check the connections at the battery.  

You should see 12+ volts on the red wire.  If not, look near the battery for an inline fuse.   
  • pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Port Side - 0.88v between the black and red wire while engine is running
    Starboard side - 12.7v between the black and red while engine is running.

What are those terminals and relays for?

Thanks
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so you have a blown fuse or bad connection on the port red wire at the battery.  It should be easy to find because it's the only thing that uses that duplex wire in the grey jacket.  

I don't know what the relays do, but my boat has them.  On the terminal block, it's ground (apparently unused on yours), 12v constant, and I think the third one is 12v switched.
  • pcmpetepcmpete Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    After a bit of research, the only thing that should be connected to these terminal blocks on my boat is the Lenco Auto retract. (one orange wire)
    So the two red wires joined together need to be traced along with why the lack of voltage.
    I will update this thread when possible.