Options

UFOs

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious of everyone’s opinion on this topic especially after the bombshell navy videos of late. Next to appear is the report to Congress from the pentagon. Do you believe they exist? Do you think they are ours or another country? Have you ever seen anything at night out on your boats that was not caused by alcohol? Keep it real guys. 

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live a few miles from a lockheed Martin/military air base.  

Back in high school we used to drag race around some of the back roads near that air port.  My close friends dad would warn us when security would be on high alert around the area and we should avoid the area.  There would be aircraft coming in at night he couldnt talk about.  

My uncle lives on the other side of the base, a real night owl that that lives on an old farm, perfect star gazing country setting.  He talks of odd aircraft, low
     flying and quiet, that he's seen at night.  

There is a 100% chance of government/military aircraft that the public doesn't know about.  Im intetrested in what you pilots have seen.  Whether that air craft technology is derived from extraterrstials or even interdimensional travellers is an interesting concept that I think is possible but I've never seen proof.  

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    I’ve never seen anything unusual in my hours of flying around, but I’m definitely intrigued by this stuff. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    We have excellent 1080p phones..yet every picture or video is super grainy and terrible quality.  I don't get it.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    We have excellent 1080p phones..yet every picture or video is super grainy and terrible quality.  I don't get it.
    Same goes for Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Hey, mock the UFOs and Big Foot all you want, but Don't Mess with the Ness.  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would we be the only ones? Definitely a chance of another life form out there......👽 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I think some of this is advanced secret HUMAN technology ... heck if they built the SR 71 blackbird back in 1964 ... I can only imagine what they have now.

BUT! I honestly think it's pretty selfish of us humans to think we are the only intelligent (although I question that part sometimes) beings in the universe, given the billions of starts, and probably 10's of billions hospitable planets in it ... so I would not be surprised if there are aliens ... and the government has been hiding it from us. I'd just be pi$$ed off that they were hiding it from us.
    Post edited by raybo3 on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey @Handymans342 have you seen this guy also?
    Image 1 - MARVIN MARTIAN WMIDDLE FINGER LAPTOP STICKER BUMPER STICKER WINDOW STICKER
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3. You have no class. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @MarkB and @aero3113 I'm with you.  Statistically speaking, it's unlikely that Earth is the only inhabited planet.  Sagan summed it up pretty well in "Contact" and his other books.  But the idea that "the Government" would or could hide something as significant as contact from outside Earth ... well, some people give the Government more credit than it deserves!  

On the other hand, the existence of Nessie is UNDENIABLE.  I notice none of you guys are even trying to deny it.  Chessie ain't got nothin' on Nessie.  
  • Options
    I knew you guys couldn’t be serious 
  • Options
    @Handymans342 life is too short to be serious....especially when talking about UFOs.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I have zero doubt that world governments would hide knowledge of advanced life outside earth.  

The media reports what they are told.

• Options
    @PickleRick would or could. I have 0 doubt govt can hide anything.
  • Options
    I don’t know any military craft that can do 300 knots under water as witnessed. 
  • Options
    Well that was obviously Aquaman. Duh.
  • Options
    Governments have lots of tech you don't know about, and they are very good at hiding it from the public.  But it's all stuff that humans invented.  

Here's another concept from Sagan's books. 

In the vast timescale of the universe, life on Earth has existed for only the tiniest blink of an eye.  If there is life on another planet, it probably didn't evolve at exactly the same time as humans did.  It has probably existed for many millions of years, if not billions of years.  This life form has had enough time to develop technology so advanced that humans can't begin to comprehend it.  Therefore, Sagan argued, it seems unlikely that such an advanced life form would use a primitive little flying tin can that's sorta like the ones humans use, but slightly better.  
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I am always intrigued when trained professional people ((Pilots, military, law enforcement) report these things because they automatically have more credibility in my eyes. But, I've had trouble understanding how an entity this advanced could make it here then be unable to hide themselves. Purposely revealing themselves in this manner  makes no sense either. The alternative may be dimensional travelers or perhaps time travelers. One thing I am pretty sure of is these types of vehicles are not ours, at least at the present time. Their capability is just too far ahead of us. 
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Governments have lots of tech you don't know about, and they are very good at hiding it from the public.  But it's all stuff that humans invented.  

Here's another concept from Sagan's books. 

In the vast timescale of the universe, life on Earth has existed for only the tiniest blink of an eye.  If there is life on another planet, it probably didn't evolve at exactly the same time as humans did.  It has probably existed for many millions of years, if not billions of years.  This life form has had enough time to develop technology so advanced that humans can't begin to comprehend it.  Therefore, Sagan argued, it seems unlikely that such an advanced life form would use a primitive little flying tin can that's sorta like the ones humans use, but slightly better.  
    I have always liked Sagan and I agree with much of what he has written. I read Cosmos as a young man. The answer to the universe may be (probably is) beyond our comprehension. It would be like trying to explaining how an airplane flies to your dog. They simply don't have the brainpower to understand. I think humans are still too primitive to see the larger picture.
  • Options
    For me the biblical scripture of God's coming from the heavens and making children with people of earth is enough proof to know that something is out there. 

Whether those heavens are on other plantes/solar systems or dimensions is the question. 

• Options
    Why hasnt the Military engaged one of these things?
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe in it but could be convinced. I mean of all these bigfoot sightings we still have no bones or anything discovered? But then again I don't believe in ghosts but find myself watching every episode on Ghost Adventures...lol
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    According to news reports and eye witnesse accounts the us government has fired at UFOs during the battle of Los Angeles
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @Handymans342 if you want a serious discussion on this, on FaceBook look for Tom Conwell in Troy New York. UFO fanatic and written books, nice guy who worked for me in early 2000’s before retiring.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    According to news reports and eye witnesse accounts the us government has fired at UFOs during the battle of Los Angeles
    Let's hope not. Just the history of Earth's civilization has shown us that when  primitive force meets an advanced force it usually doesn't go well for the primitive force. Physicist Steven Hawking used to warn of the possible dangers of Earth's inhabitants "hailing" other worldly beings via radio waves. 
    https://www.space.com/29999-stephen-hawking-intelligent-alien-life-danger.html

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I think we'd be arrogant to assume we are alone in the universe. We keep sending probes out to make contact. I'm not sure that is such a good idea. I remember a cartoon in a Mad Magazine waaaay back: a bunch of huge aliens were sitting around a dinner table with a plate of humans in the center of the table. The father alien said to his son - don't you just love that human cryotechnology - there are so many different appetizers to choose from. Another cartoon was of aliens playing marbles with galaxies. But my favorite question of all is where does the universe/space end.....our puny minds can not explain that one. I hope to be dust when aliens arrive - given our track record on Earth - I'm pretty sure they will be superior. Otherwise I could see myself on a dissection tray in some alien grade 8 science class crying out you can't do this to me I bought a LOT of RINKERS I am a superior member of this species you should be dissecting the Sea Ray guys!
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite Twilight Zone episode was "To Serve Man"
This discussion has been closed.