Options

Washroom use.

I am a very particular guy and I have never used the washrooms on my boats this is my 3rd boat and I have yet to lol. Could someone walk me through the process of getting your toilet ready for the season. Thanks
* Hakuna Matata * 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 310

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Lift the lid and go...lol.  maybe check the joker valve each season.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I don’t need to flush anything prior or turn anything on, is toilet flush on breaker for a pump out ? 
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Hey. When you gotta go you gotta go. Is it manual/electric or vacu flush 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time flushing make sure the vacuflush pump stops after a few seconds. If not you have a vacuum leak. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend replacing the joker valve especially if after using you notice some smelly water getting back to the toilet and as far as pump out just connect the pump hose and start sucking. We usually suck it all out then get some more water in the tank by pumping the handle and then pump out the rest. We have a manual toilet not vacuflush. We also add some RV tank smell good stuff in the toilet as well. The toilets are easy to maintain and there really isn't a reason to not use it. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    If its an 03 FV310 like mine, likely electric pump only, no vacu. Look in the hatch in the floor of the aft cabin starboard side and in there is a seacock and through hull - it needs to be on to pull in flush water. Get some blue goop also and pour that in and flush through also.

Edit: I assumed 310 based on name, didn’t see the photo or discussion that it’s a later 350. 
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait…… first unzip…. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Thank you 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    After each time you empty the holding tank, flush one of these deodorant packets down the toilet.  I've been using them for years, and had zero issues with odor.  Compared to the blue liquid, they are much easier to store and use.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BM65AQ
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit using the blue toilet chem treatment this season.

I'm now using the same bio product that the head mistress recommends on other boards.

I'm a month since a pump out (less than 10% full) but no foul smells coming from vent outside the boat.  I'm stored under a tarp so id notice foul smells.  Also installed a new joker valve to start the year.  I'll do so every year from now on.

The bio treatment will rid waste smell naturally  where the blue chemical just masks the smell, but to me it smells like porta pottys at a concert.  

Fwiw it was in the 90s for 6 days in a row, no foul smells.

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    @03rinker310fv, it's a good idea at the start and once a month to flush a cup of vegetable oil through the toilet. My vacuflush was sluggish on start up taking a while to build vacuum but after flushing the oil it came back to normal.