Options

Questions

jkleinjklein Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
I have 3 questions about my 2006 250 Express Cruiser with the mag 350. Today I took her (in perfect conditions) from Boston to Marblehead - about 45 mins. Each way.

1. What speed should I be at around 3800 rpm (I'm around 24)

2. What engine temperature? I'm at 175

3. Lastly I noticed something new with my hot water (fresh water) tank. Usually it heats both when plugged into shore power and engine heat when running. Today, after the extended run, I had no hot water. However once back at the dock and plugged in the hot water came back. Ideas?

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Options
    seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    I have a 280 EC same engine.  I to get around 24 mph at 3800 rpm.   The engine temp is the same 175,
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3: i get this same problem at times on my 342. Not sure why it happens. No rhyme or reason.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your galley pump on? You need to ensure the hot water tank is full to enable heating.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    My pump is on and the tank is full.  Somedays it heats to HOT from the engines, other days luke warm at best.  Odd.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    This hot water thing is very confusing. I always get very hot water every time I run my engines. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiousity as I don't know how the system is layed out. Do you have any sort of check valve or solenoid that could control/limit flow of hot water? Maybe a clogged line? If its anything like a heater core in a vehicle I've seen many plugged up cores that randomly let hot water pass
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the water get from the hot water tank through the engine. There needs to be a pump to drive the flow. Maybe something is wrong with this.

As raybo says mine is always super hot when I run my engines.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    On mine, there are 'by-passes' from the circulating pump (not sea water pump). I wonder if air gets in at times? When it is hot, it's really hot, other times luke warm.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    jkleinjklein Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Thank you all, especially black diamond. Where can I find this "by pass" and circulating pump? I'm an extreme novice at working on my boat. Any valve, filter, etc. that could be clogged?