Stamoid vs Sunbrella, looking for opinions

Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
Gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new full enclosure this year for my 2007 320. I currently have the original Sunbrella with the vinyl backing that has shrunk, badly in places and has a few small tears, the clear vinyl also isn’t very clear anymore (could almost use as an opaque shower curtain lol) . After some research I’m kinda leaning towards the Stamoid due to the non-shrinking characteristics. Anyone have any experience with this fabric?

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have the clear windows replaced using your existing canvas if it’s still in good shape.
    2008 330EC
  • Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Oh how I  wish that was possible lol, but the Bimini has shrunk quite a bit and has a few small tears. For example my front starboard piece between the radar arch and and the over the windshield piece is about 3” short of hitting the snaps and I can only get the rest of the front clear vinyl pieces to snap if it’s sunny and 80 degrees 
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy new from Ameritex when they restart selling to the general public.  Be patient.  Call them later this year.  
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the vinyl lined sunbrella which is called seamark for that reason. It shrinks and cracks and doesn’t last as long as normal sunbrella. Go with sunbrella with no coating, not seamark 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)