Options

2019 Rinker 26QX Battery wiring

Yamaha785Yamaha785 Member Posts: 3
I have a 2019 Rinker 26QX with dual batteries, I am getting an alarm on my head unit after about an hour stating I have a low battery. I went to pull the batteries to have them checked and noticed all of my accessories are wired to the starting battery. I have a deep cycle battery next it and it just has a positive and negative on it. This sounds backwards to me.

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Welcome to the forum! 

Is your boat equipped with digital throttle and shift (DTS)?  If so, the starter battery will probably have three small wires connected to it:  two for DTS and one for the outdrive trim pump.  Are there more than three small wires attached to the starter battery?

The deep cycle (house) battery probably connects to the battery switch panel, and from there to other parts of the boat.  So you might only have one connection to that battery. 
  • Options
    Thats exactly how it is wired

• Options
    My battery switch has On/Off and Combine Batteries. I leave it in on position all the time, not sure that is correct didnt get much help on this boat we bought brand new, kinda been a sore topic.