Options

I have 05 Rinker 250, it idles fine but when i give it gas it conks out and i cant start it for 1hr

joebrown32joebrown32 Member Posts: 3
HELP!!! the boat runs fine at 5mph or less, when I try to go faster it conks out and I can not get it started for 1 hour.  Does anyone know what is wrong.

Answers

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What engine? Also how has the maintenance been, have all the typical maintenance items been done plugs,plug wires,fuel filter etc...?

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe, here is a place to start. 

There is a big check list, 
     Starving for fuel, fuel pump? Filter? , good connection on main electric plug and connection. IAC valve. cut off switch at throttle/ shifter connected correct. Spark plugs?
    was the engine fogged at winterize? 
    Old fuel? water in fuel? 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace your main fuel filters and inline filters if you have them. There’s a chance that the inline filters are so clogged it takes that long for fuel to dribble though and your able to start again. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe, welcome to the forum. Hang around and those that can help will get to know your boat- give us some history. Did you just buy it yesterday? Service history? Last time you ran it? Old fuel?
  • Options
    joebrown32joebrown32 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all for the help and the suggestions, I am going to try and use what was suggested to me.  Thanks again for all your responses!!!