Options

Who has a Captiva 262?

awesomeameawesomeame Member Posts: 11
edited June 2021 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
Hi there

Bought a 2005 Captiva 262 about a month ago.  Love the boat!  However, the trailer it came on is too small...it's a Rinker Captiva trailer, but I think it's for a 242.

Since my boat is now in the water and not coming out until end of season, I need to modify my trailer to fit my boat.  Bunks need moving, winch post needs moving, etc.

I'm hoping someone with a 262 can take some pictures of their trailer setup, pics of the transom where is meets the trailer showing bunk locations and take some measurements of the chines/bunks.

Can someone help me out?  Thanks!

Matt

PS:  I'd rather just buy a used 262 trailer if I could find one, but this boat seems extremely rare.  If anyone knows of one let me know.  

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @awesomeame.....I'm sure you know that it is really bad to have the transom of your boat extend past the end of your bunks - so that measurement is a critical one.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find a Trailmaster dealer, they can custom make one for that boat. They were the OEM trailer manufacturer for Rinker. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    awesomeameawesomeame Member Posts: 11
    Ugh, yeah, there is a trailmaster dealer near my home.  They are kind of last resort right now since they are big bucks.  6995 for the trailer, 500 for freight, & with tax it’s $8469.  I can put my boat on blocks at the marina for the next 15 years for that price lol.

matt