Options

Boat lists to port side

ChillTimeChillTime Member Posts: 5
 290 ex  lists to port side. Seems to do it when the fresh water tank is full. Is anyone wlse experiencing this problem?

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Our 310 EC lists to starboard with an empty fresh water tank - and sometimes even with water. Lots of boats list a few inches on way or the other at some point. Just walk around your docks in the harbor. You'll find them. I gave up trying to shift stuff around. It's like a dog chasing its tail. You'll eventually catch it, but it'll still be there later to chase again.

BTW - Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    My 310 lists to starboard too
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the fresh water tank full, my 280EC lists to the port side as well. I usually try to keep the tank half full and I moved my second house battery to the starboard side of the boat. That has helped a lot. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    OK I will ask....... What the heII is the big deal if your boat lists a little bit when sitting in your slip? It a 15 to 20 thousand pound vessel and it leans an inch or 2 to the side. So what!!! LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both my 310 and 342 did this depending on how full the water and water tanks were. It is normal when you have two independent tanks so far out to each side. One thing I like about my cruisers is that both of those tanks are in the middle. 

I know it’s no big deal Ray but it’s less than glorious sitting on the dock with friends enjoying a beverage and all of their boats are sitting pretty and even and yours has a very obvious list. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    at rest or while under way ?

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bayliner had a brilliant design plan in which the holding tank and water tank are centered in the hull, one in front of the fuel tank and the other above it.  Without a battery sitting on the starboard side it would sit with a port side list at anchor. 

Even though my boat sits level at anchor she will list under power depending on any weight or passengers on board.  Yesterday while on the way to the ramp the admiral was packing/cleaning.  I didn't complain to her as she was helping but i had to work the tabs constantly to maintain a level ride where she was walking around the cabin.  

I have deck chairs on my boat and set them up. Strategically based on who's on board and how full the cooler is.  Sometimes a level ride requires a little game planning.
  • Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    My 390 lists to the port side.  It gets worse as the holding tank fills.  I just started carrying extra fuel in the starboard tank and that is definitely helping.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our 2014 EC 310 listed to starboard until I added a couple of extra series 31 AGMs to the port side. After that I made sure the water tank was 90% full. Immediately after a pump-out the boat would list a tiny bit until the head was used a few times. Agree with @TonyG13
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    OK, so you didn't respond to my question so I'll just throw this out there. "IF" your boat is listing only while under way, check your trim tabs, if one tab is even slightly down, that would cause a list on that side.  if it lists at rest, its a weight issue and you can try, pumping out, keeping less fresh water on board, check you fuel tank levels. Liquid is most likely the culprit unless you carry a lot of provisions and equipment. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely normal for it to list that way, especially if the waste tank is empty. Once you are on plane, there should be NO listing though.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"