Options

SINK WATER PUMP

tboattboat Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Sure glade we have our site back.

My water pump for my sink on my 246 Captiva runs but no water. Its the OEM pump but 5 years old. What is the best brand and should I go bigger on the pressure rating/GPM? Do they need to be primed? As always, thanks for the input. 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!

I would stay with near stock, you can only flow so much out a faucet and high pressure just sets you up for leaks, in my opinion.  Did you try priming it?  If you open the filter to bleed the air out it helps.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Have had this happen twice on our 2006 246. Both times, I took apart the filter and it was completely clean. Unmounted the pump and took it apart, stuck a 12v power supply on it and ran it with all the parts loose, to try to see how it actually works, but I still couldn't tell you. The first time, I reassembled it and it worked fine after that. The second time, I had to scientifically bang around on it with a screwdriver handle, and that did the trick.

Nothing to lose by opening it up and banging on it before replacing it -- good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks, but how do you prime it?
  • Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Not sure on priming -- never had to prime ours.
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I just acquired our 2007 246 earlier this year and when I tried the pump for the first time, I got nothing. I thought it was on the fritz, but I just let it run, and eventually it began to function just fine. No priming necessary. I guess it needs to run for longer than one would expect until you get water. Understand that this was the first time running since winterization last fall. If yours has been running already this season and quit, it probably is the pump then. It is a Jabsco, and available from many sources. I don't recall off the top of my head the particular model number, but it is easy to determine. It should be pretty clearly labled on the pump housing.
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Try and clean the screens on the faucet and shower (they just unscrew).  Mine usually clog once a season and the pump won't pull a prime when they are clogged.  Usually happens if we run the tank dry and pickes up the sediment on the bottom of the tank.

• Options
    cettialpha6cettialpha6 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

I use my wet vac and put suction on the faucet to speed up the priming. It can take forever. Check your hoses for kinking or restrictions. If you hear the pump running thats a good sign but it still could be a problem

love that shower nozzle, I use it alot

Art

• Options
    Thanks guys, I'll try the vac.