Options

Faria gauges

awesomeameawesomeame Member Posts: 11
The voltmeter on my multifunction gauge has quit working.  I measured the gauge across the bezel and came up with 4-5/8.  Is this how gauges are measured?  I see Faria only sells 4" and 5", but nowhere on their website does it say where that number is measured.  I sent them an email with no reply.  See attached pic....is this considered a 4" or 5" gauge?

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
    A 5" gauge has a 4-3/8" hole, a 4" gauge has a 3-3/8" hole, I suspect it's a 5" gauge but remove it and measure the hole.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can send them your gauge and have it repaired if you want.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I had two rebuilt.
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ok I'll take the dash apart and check the hole size.  Repair cost is kinda high once shipping both ways is factored in, but it might be the only option to keep the color the same across the gauges.  thanks

Matt
  • Options
    Check the voltage on the wires that connect to the gauge with ignition on. It might be a wiring problem
  • Options
    Yeah, I checked for voltage on the purple wire and I've got 12v....other than that I don't think there's anything else to check?  I thought to take the gauge out and supply higher volts to see if I can shock the voltmeter back to life before sending it in for repair/replacement.

Matt
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @awesomeame  , did you give the gauge a few good taps with your knuckle?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    If you are twin engine and have the dash out, swap the gauges and see if it repeats.
  • Options
    sadly just a single engine.  I gave the gauge a good rapping lol.  Still nothin.  Also during the process saw that the oil pressure is also not working.  I tested the sender and wiring and they were ok.  I contacted Faria and they said this 4-5/8 measurement I made indicates a 5" gauge, so I'll be ordering one of those.  For the cost of repair and shipping I can get a brand new one instead.

Matt