Options

HHH on AC panel

I have a 2000 Rinker 310 Fiesta Vee and it just started to show HHH on the AC panel and the AC stops working, I googled it and says insufficient heat transfer to condenser, is there a strainer or filter of some sort that may be plugged up?  It works great for about 3 minutes and no discharge from AC outlet? My boat was sitting on the dock and a raft of weeds and algae surrounded my boat and I am afraid I may have sucked some up?? Location? Fixes?

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be cloged strainer, could be no prime, could be both....

There is a water strainer under your aft cabin bed. Start by cleaning that out. You may need to re prime the system to get water through. To do that, just pull the hose off of the pump back by the strainer and when it shoots water, put the hose back on. Be sure to re fill the strainer with clean water after you clean it. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    NauticalDisasterNauticalDisaster Member Posts: 3
    btw, my strainer was in the engine compartment

• Options
    NauticalDisasterNauticalDisaster Member Posts: 3
    Liberty44140  I did that and it was clogged with sea weed etc, reprimed it and still got HHH code, I replaced the water pump for cooling the AC unit and still HHH, it used to turn on and run for a few minutes and could feel cold air then it would shut off with HHH code again, now it wont even blow cold for few minutes.  I am suspecting the high pressure switch, or am I missing something else??
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could help further but if you did all that, and your boat is peeing plenty of water, and it’s still HHH I think it’s time to call a tech. I don’t know if that’s a bad switch or low charge.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)