Options

Ice maker wont turn on

we bought a used 342 and the ice maker doesent seem to come on or do anything. any suggestions/

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,546 mod
    There's a circuit breaker on the main panel in the galley, so make sure it's on.  On the front of the icemaker, there's a rocker switch below the door - check that it's on.  If no joy after checking those, the unit plugs into an outlet ... pull the unit out and check for power at the outlet.  
  • Options
    bobmcl73bobmcl73 Member Posts: 9
    ok, thank you i will check those tonight
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also pull out the trash can and look down at the plug to see if it’s plugged in. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    On mine there was a hidden on/off switch behind the grill on the front of the unit, right at the top of the grill in the center. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with these comments. Switch on the boats board, and there is an on switch under the front grill of the unit. But…. The ice maker is a timed cycle and one of the cycles is….. nothing. It literally seems like it is off for a half hour or so. I believe this is the heat cycle where it is warming the tray to pop out the cubes. Even if the unit is freshly turned on and warm, still has this cycle. So turn those switches on and make sure it has water close the door and give it 60-90 min. You may have ice!!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)