Options

Need help with hatch water leak

Hi All, needing advice here.. 2010 340 ec.  seen this morning that my hatch is leaking over the galley.   According to the picture attached, do you think the water is coming from the outside of the hatch frame or from the higher on deck and running through fiber coring?  Anyone had similar issue?      I am always getting anxious when water enters lol.  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those hatches are just weather strip sealed to the deck.  I rebed all mine with butyl tape.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Agree with BD. Did all mine with butyl tape first winter I had her. Not a hard job. Worst part was removing old caulk from frame
  • Options
    jfmtljfmtl Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for your help.  I've ran some testing yesterday as weather was permitting.   After more than 1 hrs spray on the hatch itself i've seen no sign of water leak.   Took the hose up to the windshield's interior edge... and it began dripping in less than 15 minutes.   After further investigation last night I have found a loose windshield screw by removing the rubber seal. I will replace tomorrow using bigger screw and seal with silicone to see if it solves the issue.   Worst case I will have to get the windshield gasket replaced this fall....  Thanks again.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good find!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay