Options

Microwave problem

jandavjandav Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
The Microwave in our 280EC from 2007 has stoped working.
When opening the door, the fan is start running slow and with a strange sound and the plate start spinning (slow).
Is this error possible to fix or is it just to replace?
Second question on this topic is how do I get out the microwave from the "hole"??
Post edited by jandav on

Comments

• Options
    vwtoastervwtoaster Member Posts: 34
    Not sure about how to fix the microwave, but the microwave is likely screwed in. Look underneath and see if there are screws going up. Then there is a small black bar in front of the microwave that needs to be removed. These screws go down. With the bottom screws removed and the bar removed, the microwave slides out. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    I don't know what is causing the problem, but I can tell you it is not common.  Maybe low voltage on your shore power?  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be very concerned that opening the door causes the fan to operate and “a strange sound” to occur. All microwave ovens have a safety in the latch so popping the door kills the magnetron so you don’t get exposed to microwave energy. I would be wary doing anything with this until fully removed and outside and facing away from you and others. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by jandav on
  • Options
    mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Yours is a newer boat than mine, but with mine I had to remove the surround of the microwave, remove the screws from under it, tilt it back for the front legs of the microwave to clear and then tilt forward while pulling forward so the wood the screws were attached to would clear. The power cord is plugged in to the rear of the breaker box. 
  • Options
    vwtoaster said:
    Not sure about how to fix the microwave, but the microwave is likely screwed in. Look underneath and see if there are screws going up. Then there is a small black bar in front of the microwave that needs to be removed. These screws go down. With the bottom screws removed and the bar removed, the microwave slides out. 
    I remove the screws and the black bar but the micro is also screwed on a wooden plate. This is just a little bit to bit for letting the micro slide out as you described. I tried to force but it hurt the furniture.
    Anymore thoughts? 
  • Options
    vwtoastervwtoaster Member Posts: 34
    Hmmm…. Mine slide out (carefully) after angling down. Hopefully you will not need to disassemble the surround. Mine slide out fairly easily after the screws and bar were removed.