Options

Propeller pitch

Can anyone please tell me the pitch of my prop on my 2001 270 FV with the 5.7 mpi engine and a bravo 2 drive?

The hub is spun and the factory prop is broken around the hub and it needs to be replaced.  Since the boat is still in the water, it's going to be a chore to pull it off just to read the pitch off the side of the prop :) 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s 22P ? Did you hit something hard to do that? Are you sure it’s not the engine coupler that spun?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    ljsheinljshein Member Posts: 14
    aero3113 said:
    I think it’s 22P ? Did you hit something hard to do that? Are you sure it’s not the engine coupler that spun?
    :) I didn't hit anything...  the boat has been mostly in the water for the last 20 years... things wear out.  The original prop is aluminum and it has a fair amount of corrosion.  We were cruising along at about 3500 RPM and the RPMs jumped up to about 4700... kind of like the clutch slipping on an old car.  It also started to vibrate.  When I went in the water to inspect it, the 3 blades were all intact, but pieces of the center ring were broken off.  At lower speeds, it still vibrates but not as bad and I was able to get us safely back to the dock. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry, disregard my post!!!! I was thinking Bravo 3 in my head!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    ljsheinljshein Member Posts: 14
    aero3113 said:
    I’m sorry, disregard my post!!!! I was thinking Bravo 3 in my head!!
    I wish it was a bravo 3!!!!  most of the 270s I've seen are bravo 3s I'm not sure how I was lucky enough to get one with a 2.