Options

Beaver County Boom

boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
hey @Cableguy Greg , did you make it up our way Saturday night? We stayed at the dock. It looked pretty crazy out there and 2 tugs/barges came through and were pretty busy on the VHF yelling for boats to get out of their way. We can see a little of the fireworks from our slip but those 2 bridges are in the way of most of it.

Stop by next time you are around there if you see us. There are 3 identical tan/white Crownlines at our marina but ours is the only one wit black black canvas and we are at the Ohio end of 'B' dock

Comments

• Options
    JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    I believe Greg has moved out of Pittsburgh now. 
    I am up river at Neville Island (GPAC).  I wanted to make it down to BC Boom but I am currently changing the swivel pin (leaking) on by Bravo 3.  I hope to be back in the water by the weekend.
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boatman37 said:
    hey @Cableguy Greg , did you make it up our way Saturday night? We stayed at the dock. It looked pretty crazy out there and 2 tugs/barges came through and were pretty busy on the VHF yelling for boats to get out of their way. We can see a little of the fireworks from our slip but those 2 bridges are in the way of most of it.

Stop by next time you are around there if you see us. There are 3 identical tan/white Crownlines at our marina but ours is the only one wit black black canvas and we are at the Ohio end of 'B' dock
    @j@JonnyM is correct, I moved to just north of Champaign Illinois. Made the move to be closer to my wife’s family, but I am missing the ‘burgh and the boating community there. This will be the first 4th in 26 years that I won’t be on the river for the fireworks. It will be strange. I will be visiting the city and I hope to catch a ride with someone on their boat. Thanks @b@boatman37 for reaching out. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    wow. Didn't know you had moved. We have only been out twice so far this year. We went out a few weeks ago and anchored on the Ohio and then this past Sunday we went out for a short ride and came back. Our marina had a party Saturday and I was there all day Saturday, spent the night on the boat then sat out in the heat 1/2 the day Sunday so was ready to come home...lol. We have A/C on the boat but no gennie so figured sitting at home would be more comfortable.

@JonnyM we are in Bridgewater on the Beaver River. We hope to make it to Paradise bar this summer for some lunch someday